Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

I see huge similarities between where Doon are now and where Glen Maghera were in 2021.

Derek is going to be Doon’s Malachy O’Rourke.

1 Like

They’ve deffo the players and the depth and sure AE could be as good as anything around in time. I hope they do it.

They had a fair rollercoaster in the group last year with all the injuries. They have the others of the big 4 up first three games this year which could make or break McGrath.

1 Like

You’d hope that if they do win it, they go on and win a few more.

I think we are on the cusp of a changing of the guard at Club Hurling level nationally.

1 Like

We’re down Breen and Casey up top, you’d have to say it’s finally Doons time to be fair

2 Likes

Barry Murphy will be key, I think. He’s the one who has had awful luck with injuries but he seems to have stayed fit for a good while this year.

Adam is the elite forward but Murphy is a serious operator and makes their attack tick.

I’m presuming Derek will play a sweeper; Cormac Ryan is probably the logical choice, you’d just be worried that he’ll use DOD and that would be a waste of him higher up the pitch.

At the end of the day, we’ll bate them with our cap. If there’s a way for Doon to lose, they’ll find it.

2 Likes

What is HRH mate?

The few inches between the ears has always been Doons problem. I think that’s an area where Derek might actually be of most use. Would love to see them win it though, the demilitarised zone would be like Las Vegas for a few weeks😀

I doubt many of the Doon lads have read “Art of War” so Derek might bamboozle them.

1 Like

Just call a Doon lad a Tipp cunt at the throw in and the meltdown proceeds from there

5 Likes

The Limerick doctor is wicked for chirping at the referee when he attends to a knee taker. Always whinging

1 Like

From JP right down to the medical staff - everyone is doing something wrong in the eyes of the Tippos :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Wait till they hear JPs next stroke :grin::speak_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Real tinfoil hat stuff

2 Likes

James wouldnt be at that sort of stuff at all. A great lad.

Harry can lip read… The same with @gilgamboa and linemen. Lads have developed serious skills to take down Limerick

1 Like

Where is Josh gone . He will be a loss, but with injuries and other things doesnt seem fully committed. On Dereks approach with Doon , last year Davy comitted Kevin Maher in the half back line as a specific man marker and it worked very well. This year in the league though Derek has been playing him CF i think. Not sure Doon would play with a sweeper , Derek or no Derek.

They accusing lads of whinging and they spending their life on Limerick hurling threads having a whinge :joy:

1 Like

Can you lip read?