Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

The lads who coached me underage would have a heart attack if looking at todays game thats the truth. Their game was win the ball and leather it in, the small corner forward was to stay inside the 21 and if he couldnt win his own ball when it was langered in with snow on it ,well fuck him and whip him off.

Of course the game has changed and for every county, nobody could argue with that. It brings huge pleasure though to see lads driven mad by Limerick mastery. Some of the Tippos dont seem tn realise that a return to old style would see them hammered even more. All the Limerick forwards could win their own ball, I’d venture none of the current Tipp forwards would in an old style physical one on one matchup.

2 Likes

No more impossible than policing the current handpass which is difficult to see. At least this would be easier visually police and to hit it 10 yards, youd need to draw vack the hand more than for 2 yards making that element easier to see

Defenders are getting wide to it all the same. Bad as Tipperary were on Sunday, they still intercepted/blocked a few handpasses. It happened in Ennis the previous Sunday and was also evident in the games in Salthill and PUC.

Players know the ball will be handpassed and are working on getting in blocks. The game evolves and if blocked or intercepted handpasses are leading to too many turnovers you’ll see them reduce fairly rapidly in close contact situations.

2 Likes

Hurling has bigger issues than how it’s played.

Should consecutive hand passes be outlawed or at least trialed ?

That depends on whether you’re from Tipp or not

In 2019, Limerick were beaten fair and square three (3) times in Championship. In one of those against a really poor Kilkenny outfit they had a chance to draw the match in the end-game with a sideline cut from 45 metres. Darragh O’Donovan had a go and missed.

Since then the Limerick’s haven’t even tried to do anything with a line ball other than stroke it 10 yards along the ground to the nearest man who then throws it back to the taker. Something my 4 year old nephew would manage.

Another skill of the game taken away by the mathematical equation.

6 Likes

The 4 year old nephew would be grand at doing it but the 24 year olds playing for ye last Sunday can’t manage it :joy:

Could we have a complete list of your gripes in one place? I’ve made a start.

• Limerick’s tactics are rudimentary, ‘rugby league’ style, though seven years later Tipp still has absolutely no idea how to overcome them.
  • Limerick and Clare are too big and too fit.
  • The Limerick team is greater than the sum of its parts, a disgrace.
  • The handpasses are all throws.
  • The ball was too light, the new balls are duds.
  • The format is wrong.
  • Split season.
  • The Gaelic Grounds may be closed as it doesn’t suit Limerick.
  • Tipp has too many players.
  • It is unfair on Tipp that players across the country are no longer ready to play senior at the same age as they were previously.
  • Limerick doesn’t puck line balls away to the opposition.
17 Likes

Badhaai Ho Bollywood GIF

3 Likes

Limerick are the best jackellers in the game.

2 Likes

Morris and Forde moving much better in your footage there

1 Like

High School GIF

Limerick don’t wear enough yellow helmets

2 Likes

The last 3 Hurlers of the Year are useless with their clubs as they can only understand Kinnerks complex mathematical equations.

No young players are coming through in other counties except Limerick where Adam English Colin Coughlan and CON all debuted by the time they were 20.

The Gaelic Grounds is a tinpot kip.

Limerick are fundamentally useless.

Financial doping.

7 Likes

Gillane isn’t a sniper as such, he just walks up behind you and blows your brains out.

14 Likes

Puts a cap in your ass

2 Likes

In all fairness to @peddlerscross, he has @thelimericks absolutely hopping like sausages in a pan. Winning all round them and he still has them sizzling away. Mighty stuff.

I like a cut sideline cut as much as the next man (one of the few skills of hurling I was actually decent at it) but I’d rather one hit ten yards than one hit wide to the near side of the post. It’s absolutely criminal if it doesn’t go across the goal at the very least.

5 Likes

When i saw about 5 of them flat out typing within 30 seconds I knew the mathematical equation jibe had done its job.

Bullet points the whole lot coming out.

13 Likes

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham Love GIF by Hrithik Roshan

1 Like