Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

Who would be the closest senior hurling club to Tipp town?

Eire Og Annacarty were up until 2022. They are premier intermediate now. All of the other clubs bordering Tipp town would be intermediate/junior A now.

Clonoulty are the only west team now senior and they would resonate with Thurles/Cashel town.
Golden, Arravale (Tipp town), Cappawhite and Kickhams are intermediate.
Galtee rovers and Lattin/Cullen junior A.
Solohead and Emly junior B.

Doon/Oola would geographically be the closest senior team to Tipperary town.

Cahir & district would have an even weaker standard of hurling but they’ve always been shite.

4 Likes

he coached a team in Clanna Gael Fontenoy - his young lad’s team.

1 Like

Nicky was a decent footballer I think

???

Yep. Underage footballer for Tipp.

What are they like?

Only Club in the wider D4 area? Competing with Cricket and Rugby must be tough going.

they have a few right hardy native working class dubs playing for them - real dubs

always pick up a few country lads that rent in the city as well

junior A in hurling , intermediate in football is where they sit I think

1 Like

Fuck Tipp.

1 Like

Aherlow and Galtee Rovers are two more clubs that have dipped in the last 20 years. Would alot of it got to do with the fact that Tipp Town is dieing on its feet? Without a thriving town - then your not going to get many blow in’s moving into the rural clubs surrounding a town.

It definitely doesn’t help.

Aherlow (by themselves) always had a small pick but had a golden generation from the mid 90s to early 10s. That has ended now and they are back to their original state, albeit joined with Lattin.

Galtee have also regressed gradually from their peak in the mid 2000s. Numbers wouldn’t be as much of a problem there but they don’t seem to be producing as many players until recently where they’ve a few lads in with the Tipp 20 footballers.

1 Like

I’m basing this on nothing but my own opinion but usually good land leads to good local GAA clubs - the Golden Vale area contradicts this as the majority of the clubs are struggling in the South of the West Tipp division and the West of the South division (where the Golden Vale covers)

1 Like

Call it…

• Limerick
  • Clare
  • Draw
0 voters

Would you believe i was going to post about that book earlier. The father in law had it when I was down a few weeks ago. Published in 1996. He got in his local library. The bits i read werent bad.
Who was the Cork player that badly busted Nicky on the pitch? He doesn’t name him in the book.

1 Like

Timmy Kelleher? Erins Own

4 Likes

Yes it was Timmy Kelleher. Fr O’Brien never picked him again he was so disgusted.

3 Likes

Canon

3 Likes

Beyond the Tunnel. One of the better GAA autobiographies.

4 Likes

What’s the story with Waterford @Fagan_ODowd @Thornhill @Bugsy_Malone?

Obviously expectations low after last year & the league; any bit of buzz/hope at all? Home game, back in Walsh Park, any chance of an upset?

I’m not expecting much.

1 Like

Very much a hope over expectation trip for me on Sunday.
No hype around, it’s as low key a build up to the championship that I’ve seen in a long time.