Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

I might be wrong but I reckon a point out of Limericks last two games will ensure qualification and given the scoring difference more than likely a Munster final spot

No gallop for Patrick Fitzgerald Ballygunner, I thought he be a lad that would see game time

It would have been so easy for Owens to just ask Bennett to retake, he must have realised what he had done.

2 Likes

Why did he even feel the need to move to the other side. I wouldn’t say there was much logical thinking going on in his head at the time.

Yup its a joke tbf

That’s batshit stuff. Look at the keeper just looking over at him for the last second of the clip as if to say…what the fuck were you at?

1 Like

Barry Hogan wouldn’t have saved it barring he drove it wide or hit the post. Good on puckouts but wouldn’t save a shot in an u12 goals.

Correct. Thought Bonner was very very lucky though

Made a couple of decent saves today in fairness to him but I wouldn’t rate as much of a keeper.

That mad young lad of the Horgans could be between the sticks for a decade if he keeps the head screwed on. He’s definitely got the eye anyway

The one on Barrett was worse not even a free

1 Like

That’s possibly true but, still, that’s an absolute joke.

Kieran Flaherty wouldn’t even be at that kind of shit.

2 Likes

Why is Stephen Bennett allowed to hit frees? Hopeless at them

Waterford don’t have to beat Clare and Limerick. One win on the road will suffice. One draw might suffice as well.
[/quote]

They wont win or draw either of those games is what i meant.

He needs to work on his right hand side but he’s class alright. I’d still have Rhys Shelly starting ahead of Hogan but there’s an error in him.

Its the type of thing you wpuld hear objections about in junior b league match

In fairness both shelly and hogan are more reliable than collins and quilligan. There isnt a low bar in munster at the moment

Davy Fitz loves 110% so he does

They might beat a Limerick team already safely through to the Munster Final.

I’m zen about the pelanty as Hogan wasnt going to save it anyway.

Tipp did enough to earn a draw. Showed a bit of fight at least.

McGrath’s excellent. Barrett dominated Kevin Mahony and Darragh Stakelum did fine. Ronan Maher excellent.

6 Likes

Just back from Walsh park after a thoroughly enjoyable day out. Nothing beats it.

Delighted with the draw in the end from a Tipperary perspective, two average teams, one of which will likely get 3rd in Munster and have a chance of reaching a semi final. Neither are within 8 points of limerick on a good day.
It was an important result for the Munster round robin as a whole. From an interest standpoint if Waterford won then it was all over really.

I know every county disagrees with referees on occasion but we (Tipp) seem to get a harsher doing than most. It wasn’t Sean Cleere levels of favouritism but James Owens was useless once again but totally one sided. He had a chance to give a similarly soft penalty to Kehoe but bottled it.

Some phantom frees that were also pointed out throughout the game that nearly all favoured Waterford with the exception of the final quarter.

On the game itself, a draw was a fair result overall. You could argue the first and third Waterford goals were debatable/preventable but Waterford had their fair share of wides also.

It felt a more enjoyable spectacle from the stands than watching many of the modern games involving a certain team which lack spontaneity. It felt like there was less throwing but still plenty of it obviously. It’s a pity refs don’t clamp down on it but alas.

Waterford isolated Dessie very well inside and Morgan (who still doesn’t look 100%) really struggled. Thankfully, he had 3 or 4 bad wides during that half.

At the other end, we recovered well enough from the goals led by a dominant Ronan Maher. Kehoe was decent without being exceptional. Morris has the potential but is not retaining enough ball that goes in, he should have had a goal in the first half. It is what it is and both were instrumental to our levelling goal which had a definite hint of square ball off it.

Stakelum did fine but he’s not an inside forward shown by his missed goal chance, ideally some of the best deliveries we gave in during the second half would be to Morris.

Forde looks like he has the yips, he’s not a wing forward but there was 2 or 3 occasions he would usually get a shot off and fumbled the ball. Missed a straight forward chance off his left in front of the stand and another free.

Noel showed his class once again, I doubted his decision to be substituted but I was delighted that John McGrath looked to have rolled back the years again. He was excellent.
Barrett didn’t look 100% but he’s infinitely better than other options.

I’d have to watch it back in full but Kevin Mahoney is not up to this, when Waterford brought Shane Bennett on it improved them a lot. They got their puckouts away much better and it looked like we were bet.

Best player on display was Callum Lyons overall although I think Tynan took him for a few scores.

15 Likes