Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

The Roscrea Vagnova method of falling over :joy:

Owen’s is the equivalent of Mike dean in the premier league when he was reffing, everything had to be about him.

He’s had bad outings before but last night was absolutely shocking

2 Likes

I can’t understand why Hogan didn’t demand that penalty to be retaken.

He did but Owens wasn’t interested.

He really should have refused to puck out the ball and got his manager involved, that’s a joke

2 Likes

As you know, I’m no tipp fan but ye were rode bareback last night

5 Likes

Agree 100 percent

It was up there with Sean Cleere 2019 v Wexford for levels of ineptitude.

I still think people are making too much of Owens running across the penalty and not focusing on the fact it wasn’t a penalty in the first place.

The third goal (which we shouldn’t have conceded) was not a free in the first place.

It’s clear he’s the worst ref by far on the inter county panel so if he gets relieved of his duties then some good will have been done.

Lads can rightly moan about Owens ( he was shocking ) but officials are easily swayed by actions & reputations.

Cahill & Co have a name for being a nuisance on the sideline and officials talk & know this.
Although rightly aggrieved by his first half performance yesterday, following Owens into the dressing rooms haranguing him was pointless & counter productive.

I saw the Tipp Senior Camogie manager & co drive the officials totally offside yesterday whilst they lost the game with their own inept tactics on the line.

Moral of the story, officials never change their minds and reputations follow you around.

1 Like

Cody did it for years along with Fogarty and didnt do them any harm. Cant be a pushover and take it lying down either.

1 Like

Correct. Fellas above saying Hogan should have refused to puck out the ball and get the manager involved. What do they seriously think would happen then? That Owens would change his mind, disallow the goal and order a retake? Nonsense.

It’d be like the Sheikh from Kuwait in the 1982 World Cup.

2 Likes

Fair point. He’s not gonna change his mind.

Bryan O’Mara was very much involved in the referee chatter walking off at half time and some auld lad around me goes, “if i was hurling as bad as BOM, I’d be running straight for the dressing room right now.”

Like 2019, sometimes you have to beat 16.

3 Likes

A tipp player was caught in a tangle the other end a few mins later and if he awarded the first he had to give that also… Neither were a pen mind. I was on my way out and didn’t see a replay of it but the Waterford man had his head tucked into the tipp player like he was rubby tackling

1 Like

Imagine a goalie refusing to puck out a ball :joy:

Tipp lads love it bareback…the cunts…

1 Like

Watched the match yesterday in a pub in Carlingford on a stag with a load of mostly Tipp lads. As his own brother said of the groom - ‘the thick cunt didn’t bother checking the fixtures before organising this weekend’. :joy: Nice lads to be fair.

The things they didn’t call James Owens during the game…!

Thought Ronan Maher was MOTM.

2 Likes

Sure that fat biff cunt Gavin awarded All-Irelands to Kilkenny with biased refereeing. Mind you, most biff cunts are awed by the sight of a kilkenny jersey.

3 Likes

Were the two penalty incidents really that similar.
Waterford lad had possession for the penalty, whereas no one had clear possession and more a jostle for the Tipp one

It’s only thelimericks do that