Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

Yeah deffo

You’d forget how backward some parts of Ireland are

I don’t have de figgers in front of me, but GAAGo seem to have reduced the amount of games they are showing. You previously had more niche games covered - coverage might just consist of a single camera and maybe some fella with a voice not made for commentating doing commentary. But at least you had option. Now they seem to have gone all-in on full package games only with presenters, panels, multi cameras etc.

Their coverage tbf is very good, and the availability of the tv app now is a big plus too, but it definitely feels like a trick has been missed in not at least having a simple auld stream available for more games. There will be cameras at them anyway.

Actually, I’d pay gladly 100 quid not to listen to Marty, duignan, Joanne, Ursula, ger, and well actually pretty much all of them.
Money well spent.

The coverage is way ahead of rte. The female presenter is excellent. Really puts the analysts at ease.

3 Likes

The lass on BBC is really excellent as well. Lovely way about her.

2 Likes

Not shitstirring like Cantwell

1 Like

If you could get the game with just the crowd noise it would be perfect

1 Like

Definitely do this.
Na Piarsaigh clubhouse was a disaster for the 2nd half of Cork v Clare. I think they turned it off for a finish.

I quite like a bit of good commentary, but they seem to feel the need to saturate the air with incessant talk. No pause for breath or for thought.

Streaming Live Sport simply doesnt work. Grand for Movies and Documentary but Live Sport needs a proper TV Channel.

Its not that complicated. Just put GoGo on the Sky box channel 435 or something like Racing TV.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/RoyCurtis68/status/1787928457000718627?s=19

Roy just gets it

2 Likes

“The Louvre facing Mona Lisa to the wall.”

That’s incredible writing by Roy. A real return to form. He just paints pictures with his words.

5 Likes

I agree.

If you had a weak championship attendamces would plummet. Cork get beat Saturday and Thurles is all Tipp the weekend after. Cork win and Thurles, Ennis and Limerick are all rammed from hereon out.

If Meath and Kildare sorted themselves out in Leinster youd see packed houses for the LSFC too. Dublin have complete control now so most ignore it.

Cork and Tipp take over in Munster again and attendances will contract gradually bar their big derby. Home and away is class though.

1 Like

The tennis club had it on quite a few TVs and the stream was excellent.

A pity you couldn’t swing a cat in there. 20 mins to get a pint too. Other than they had plenty TVs streaming the Páirc Ui Chaoimh game.

Marty and Joanne I agree with. Torture listening to them.
The rest I like. Most of the hurling pundits are very good, Dónal Óg, Jacob, Sheedy, canning.
Canavan, and McGinley are good football pundits.

Would that not make the Leinster championship pretty much the same as the Tailteann cup?

Shur ye dont want either? You get the seeding for the All Ireland and the Leinster championship becomes relevant again

I’ve a feeling cork are going to cause Limerick an awful lot of trouble.

The need is much greater for cork which is always fairly important.

Cork I assume will bring back in Damien cahalane.

Not sure what will happen with Limerick. Maybe Flanagan or English in from the start.