Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

FFS

Now I have to make sure that I don’t arrive early, I can’t be listening to that shite.

6 Likes

They’re awful like, what’s the need for it?

Joyce likely out for Sat, hasn’t been playing well but still, probably, a loss. Rob Downey to 6 flanked by Millerick/TOM presumably.

1 Like

The GAA in general seem to be have been watching too much American sports and seem to be obsessed with blaring shite music at obnoxious volumes.

4 Likes

Rugby is terrible for that. Even in between stoppages in play or after scores.

I’m quite looking forward to that Cork v Limerick game now. Going to avoid the score and watch it on GAA Go an hour after throw in. Cork should give them a good rattle in the Pairc given their predicament.

1 Like

Atmosphere hasn’t been hectic so far many of the games maybe.

It’s odd though.

They’d be better off getting a few students to play some proper trad than that old shite.

Speaking of which… The Cork Fleadh is on in Douglas this weekend if anyone is interested. About a 35 minutes walk to PUC.

It shouldn’t affect traffic for Limerick patrons who’ll be coming from the other side but it will add a bit to general traffic around the city.

3 Likes

They did the same for a couple of matches last year. Presumably an attempt to have the crowd come in gradually given there is no curtain raiser which used do that job very well.

Whats wrong with him?

TOM will be savaged in the air if he starts wingback. Savaged.

1 Like

Never mind the air, he hasn’t a defensive bone in his body. Just no instincts to defend at all. Slow on the turn. And a big, loopy strike.

Big, strong man who can run forward but no real aggression and his hurling’s not particularly sharp.

3 Likes

He’s a forward. I’m not accepting him as a back ever.

Ended up having to fill in as a back one day for Mary I in 2017 and had a belter of a performance; and from that day he has been kept in that position at County Level. It’s a farce really how wasted he has been.

1 Like

You’ll have lads dancing the buckles off their shoes to that on Saturday evening.

1 Like

God be with the days that a pipe band was a staple of the Munster Championship.

15 Likes

The parade was quietly shelved also apart from finals.

Peter Duggan says hello at TOMs waving hurling

1 Like

Hamstring. Enormous loss. Whatever chance we had seems pitiful without him.

A few too many hamstring injuries in this group over the last two years in my opinion. A symptom of the change that must happen within the set up of the Cork senior hurling team.

Rob Downey could go to 6 now. I would pick his younger brother there myself and shoe Damien into 3 for this one. Millerick will hopefully come back into the side.

I am hoping Ethan Twomey will keep his place, but this management seem trigger happy with moving the young lads like musical chairs.
Neither Robbie nor Coleman look ready to start.

Connolly needs a world of ball on Saturday night for us to win. I am not sure how we get it to him against that Limerick defence. This year more than ever they pack their own half when they don’t have the ball and break at extreme accuracy and precision once they secure possession. Cork must commit bodies up the pitch to disrupt this. I keep saying it is the best way to play Limerick.

2 Likes

Coleman to 6?

Got a nice pair of tickets for Saturday evening and really looking forward to it. Will make a full day of it.

Delighted to hear James Owens is not reffing after his performance in the game last year at the Gaelic grounds. One of his arms went vertical for the last 20.minutes of play.

3 Likes

That’s very harsh. He has loads of hurling. Plenty speed. Athleticism
His weaknesses would be Indiscipline and hail Mary shooting from 100 yards.