Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

Hopefully. He’ll be destroyed.

I heard Deccie Dalton has been training at 6 all week.

1 Like

You could have left it at that

1 Like

Hamstring.

Put off an operation last year against Cork management orders to probably save his club from relegation. Thought he played very well v Clare first half but some lad watching on a stream in Thailand slates him and the sheep here follow. Byrnes was probaly even in more trouble on Duggan and not a mention.

1 Like

I “thought he played very well v Clare” and his man won every puck out off him. :rofl:

2 Likes

Just listening to the podcast. Mullane reckons Davy should get the next foive yeeors so he does.
I can’t see it. Davy tried all his own shite which didn’t work and was finally forced into the absolutely bleeding obvious. Sin e.
Let great players play.

1 Like

Duggan caught 2 or 3 balls in first half against limerick and hardly touched the ball thereafter.

He was largely anonymous in the second half against the limerick half backline. Especially when the tide turned.

TOM got a bad roaring. A spade is a spade

1 Like

What podcast is that, RTE?

Who got MOTM?

Davy got a win and a draw against the worst cork and Tipperary sides of all time at home.

It’s desperately unlucky for Waterford hurling people if Davy meets an already qualified Limerick in his last game and they go forward.

He’s a poisonous little cunt who shouldn’t be entertained in any club or county.

1 Like

Players running the show is grand until they’re faced with hard decisions and have to try to resolve them by committee.

I think Davy would be absolutely delighted with a quarter-final at the end of the year. Will look like a success overall, allowing him to get out of Dodge and bide his time with media gigs until the Dublin job finally falls to him.

1 Like

Davy is hurling.

He had to do a powerful amount with them Waterford lads after what state he found them in so he did

I have never ever rated TOM as a defender. I think you can get away with him at wing-back if you have a solid defensive midfielder in front of man and a strong holding 6, and that will allow him to drive forward without having to worry.

Carrying the ball forward is the one thing he is very good at. But, outside of that, I have never seen much from him tbh. I wouldn’t have him anywhere near the Cork team tbh, I think they have better.

You mention Byrnes and I would agree he’s had a poor enough start to Championship. He is probably the weakest defender in the Limerick backline but he still gets back and covers when he has to. And he has a lot, lot more credit in the bank than Tim O’Mahony. The Limerick management know what he offers in an attacking sense; he is probably one of the best deliverers of a ball ever to play the game, the positions from which he can deliver good ball, I don’t think there is another player currently playing with the same range. And then you add in the pointscoring, freetaking and aerial ability on puckouts, and it’s easy to see why they’ll persist with him. He probably had a worse start last year but grew into the season.

3 Likes

TOM, Mark Coleman, Darragh Fitz - name a more overrated trio.

1 Like

Its a sad indictment when stickmen of the calibre of TO’M, Coleman and Fitzgibbon are seen as luxury players in the modern game.

Its all piano lifters now with no room for piano players.

4 Likes

This is championship hurling, not a feile skills competition.

19 Likes

Tis a far cry from Hells Kitchen me man is.

1 Like

Fine players if you stand up admiring them.

Yes and Championship hurling has become a game now more suited to Rubby League style Robots who can make and break tackles than cavalier hurlers like Coleman/Fitzgibbon/TO’M.

2 Likes

Incorrect. The fundamentals of the game have never been more important or better performed than they are now.