Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

Im not sure where you’re getting that from.

I made a couple of posts defending a trio of good hurlers from Cork and there’s been a mountain of nonsense spoken since.

Coleman and Fitzgibbon were winning All Stars and deservedly so when they came on the scene in 2017/18. They haven’t gone backwards since in a hurling sense nor do they try any less but they’ve become less effective as the game has changed beyond all recognition with the middle third now full of lads built like and acting like Rubby League players. Neither Coleman nor Fitzgibbon are that. They want space to express themselves but unfortunately now every game feels like 20 a side with all the throwing, rucking and running into each other that goes on. It doesnt suit them and thats the long and short of it.

They’d have been multi All Stars in the 2009-2017 period.

3 Likes

6 years and they still can’t see we are giving them a little pat on the head.

All Stars are nice for individuals but it’s silverware for the TEAM that really matters.

1 Like

Agreed but that doesnt take away the fact they are quality hurlers.

They ought to have their All Ireland from 2018 but we all remember the refereeing prank that went badly wrong in the closing stages of that years All Ireland Semi Final.

Enlighten me

Losers blame referees.

Winners, win.

He’ll have to talk about the refereeing prank in 2019 semi then…

1 Like

Wasn’t it Rice and Fennelly retired Cha Fitzpatrick. The man himself described it as ‘one of their strides being two of his’. Tom Kenny/Jerry O’Connor leading on to Rice/Fennelly and then Woodlock/Shane McGrath was what changed midfield play from lads striking the ball to breaking tackles and carrying. Limerick have kind of gone away from carrying with DOD and WOD and are more traditional if anything; a stopper and a striker.

1 Like

To be fair pal, I think the only thing that’s happened is that you’ve shown you don’t really know what you’re talking about.

But you might fit in well here tbf, there is a legacy of certain users burying their head in the sand and refusing to ever admit defeat despite being demonstrably wrong by everyone. And I guess that’s admirable to a point?

3 Likes

They’d have shit the togs against Galway as they proved so emphatically in the 2021 AIF

Now you’re getting to the nub of it. The players of that period were far inferior to now.

1 Like

That’s a clamping in fairness

I went and had a look at the great tipp 2014 team. Some smashing players there to be sure but they’re also carrying about five or six players that wouldn’t get into the current Clare team. That’s an indication of the difference in standard.

1 Like

That was a great day out.

1 Like

I’ve watched the last 10 minutes from that semi-final on YouTube. That little phase starts with FOTF Darragh Fitzgibbon knocking over a trademark score. A soft one given against Eoin Cadogan for non-existent steps, although the Limerick’s could argue that Mark Ellis had fouled Dowling in that move.

My television debut that day

2 Likes

Tim, Mark and Fitzy will have this thread up on the wall of the dressing room on Saturday

2 Likes

I would expect Fitzgibbon to score 4 points at least. However, I also expect the Limerick midfielders to hurl a lot more ball than him. If he proves me wrong, I’ll happily admit it.

I like Coleman too, I just don’t think it’s really fair to ask him to compete with Hego on puckouts when surely Downey is the man for that job (I imagine that switch very well will be made beforehand).

I fail to see your point.

My point is clear, Fitzgibbon and Coleman are good hurlers in the purest sense with smashing wrists and great feet.

They aren’t built like Rubby League players which is a pre requisite to be effective in modern inter county hurling.

They aren’t soft/windy etc.

Team Sky we all know the reference there​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:, you’d really have to admire the entrenchment that’s going on, never backing down on the INTERNET

1 Like