Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Or those arguing it wasnt a clear chance or that there were players who might have covered it off. When the rule states “the player’s team, had and was denied of the opportunity to score a goal when the infraction was committed.” Thats the text, and Cork were denied an opportunity to score a goal. Clear penalty and black card

11 Likes

They obviously weren’t watching that Tipp v Clare game in 2021. I think James Owens was the ref that day too. Wouldn’t be like him to get in a bit of controversy😅

Is the rule not that it has to be a goal scoring chance?? I haven’t seen it but it looked like two Limericks were very close to him.

The player is heading towards the goal with only one thing on his mind and was cynically pulled down. Maybe a limerick defender blocks him down or maybe he buried it top corner. But the tackle by Hayes is the textbook type of foul the rule was brought in to punish.

4 Likes

What’s this shit :joy:… An opportunity to score a goal can be anything ffs .

I’ll take your word on it, i haven’t seen it back… But @Massey needs to be sure of what he’s saying here.

There was deffo a Limerick with a yellow helmet closing in on him… could have been Dan or CON.

Never a penalty, ref was a home town cunt.end of

1 Like

Sham Flan fairly silenced his critics today.

Cork half back line held up fairly well infairness even if Cork did concede a masive score.

Our half back line on the other hand was in all sorts of bother. Cork got their tactics spot on. Destroyed us on their puckout, and rather than deliver in ball to the FF line they ran the fuck out of it, drew the fouls or laid it off.
Targeted Byrnes and Hannon to great effect. Seriously caught for toe. Something will have to be done there because every team in the country will have noticed that. Davy will be licking his lips tonight.

Wouldn’t blame Kyle for that foul at the end, Kingston should have been brought down in the half back line. Though I would prefer to let Kingston shoot from open play than give Hoggy a penalty.
That wasn’t the losing of it though, we lost it in the first half where Cork beat us to every break and just out fought us. Fair play to them they were well worth their win. No complaints. They had plenty opportunites to fold and never did. Still not in a good place for getting out of Munster, but they are alive at least.

Great atmosphere in Super Value Park. The Corks were baying for blood and celebrated like they won the all Ireland after. Cork hurling needed that. They might not want to admit it but Joyce out was a blessing. Looked much more solid with Downey centre back.

Waterford game is basically knockout now. Win we are in a munster final lose and we are fucked.
Finn gone now as well. And no sign of Mike Casey on the bench. Big step up for FOC. DOD is a massive loss the teams balance is off without him. Lynch needs to be CF he was bottled up all day at midfield.

Some calls to be made by Kiely and Kinnerk. Think I’d be starting English for Reidy the next day.

Byrnes and Hannon both under pressure. Though I doubt he’d drop either. Byrnes confidence looks shot. He was always 50/50 on the long frees but always had the range, that’s the third game in a row where he’s topped one and offered very little from play.

Fuck it anyway. Hurling what a game. That was a classic. Sick to be the wrong side of it.

Enjoy the celebrations Corkies, well deserved, ye cunts

12 Likes

Cork were 2 PTS down ,the man has only one thing on his mind and that’s a goal.It was a text book black card and penalty.

3 Likes

Between this and the Darragh Fitzgibbon episode it’s been a bad week for the Limerick’s on here. They can’t comprehend why the penalty was awarded against Kyle Hayes either. A wonderful bit of symmetry that the Hayes tackle was straight out of the rugby league school of defending after the commentary on here too.

5 Likes

What he has on his mind is irrelevant bud. Were Limerick men in place to prevent him scoring?

Limerick is a tough place to live when you have to ladybird stuff about Gaa to “supporters” who knows more than you

2 Likes

I was joking earlier about the Xanax but maybe now you should

Its a bullshit makey uppy rule that was brought in a few years ago and Tipp themselves were actually rode raw against Clare on the first day of it. It was the result people wanted and they got it.

It’s an excellent rule

5 Likes

I’m having a package of tayto and a tin of beer

2 Likes

He’s not scoring a goal there.

Good man

He definitely is shooting for one,have you ever played sport

1 Like