Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

There was still a number of players between him and the goal at that stage , I’d say O’Neil did foul anyway just didn’t halt the momentum enough, Byrnes was taken out of it because the ball wasn’t there

Hayes didn’t need to make it so obvious, it was still a very difficult goal scoring chance

1 Like

You get the months break but i just see the injuries becoming a major issue.

Given the injuries we are far better off being in a Munster Final. Come third and you have to play two games in 7/8 days and then a one week gap to the semi-final.

3 Likes

Aren’t you playing an absolute diddy team though from the Joe mcdonagh ?

You still have to play it, with a chance of further injuries, and then play a quarter final the weekend after.

I barely recall Timmy O’Mahony pucking a ball last night but I haven’t seen him commented on either, Did he put in a solid defensive shift?

I was very impressed with Rob Downey, is it his best position? Can Joyce be utilised elsewhere going forward

True a bad comment by me but there’s an emotional energy to a Munster final. I guess the scenario I’m thinking is a worst case one where we lose a Munster final and have a q/f with no momentum but that’s overly negative by me.

Had almost nothing to do.

Joyce can be put midfield or even full-back but Limerick suit Downey in a way that maybe Clare, for example, don’t.

They could get injured in a training match as easily but a bit of breathing space would be valuable.

1 Like

Still at the whinging?

Nothing you have stilled there proves it wasnt a penalty.

Can i point something else out for you?

If it was going to be such a difficult goal to get and with all the players and keeper highlighted and you think there is no way he scores a goal from there, why then does Hayes do what he does? What logical reason does he go with to drag a player to the ground rugby style if there is no way a goal is going to be scored?

Its still a stone wall penalty, and if it wasnt given there would have been massive questions over Stack not giving it.

5 Likes

You’re around long enough, he has you scribing paragraphs on a Sunday morning. :fishing_pole_and_fish:

1 Like

It’s absolutely vile what’s going on to stop Limerick. Phantom penalties, digs in balls, knees into ribs… And the fact all you little guys are onboard with it is the most sickening part.
Looks like we’ll have to bate the whole association to win 5.

1 Like

The one big issue for Limerick too is if cork and Clare take care of business there’ll be two of them coming into the all Ireland series with momentum as opposed to one/none.

Concentrate on the Wford game get all thought of AI series off the mind for now.

4 Likes

Kyle and Hego are just hitting form. I think if we get to Croker theyll be almost unplayable. We need DOD back to help WOD, that’ll be huge…and if Byrnes and Cian find form i think we’ll be fine.

1 Like

Finish 3rd and you end up with a Turkey shoot a giant some Joe McDonagh basket case like Laois. Then it’s the Leinster runner ups for a place in the semi final against Munster champions.

Wait two weeks and then we can hopefully take a look at a Munster six in a row.

All sorts of scenarios are going through my head now.

Where can we watch this game back?