Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

I think judging by the league lineups, Cork will not be making any significant changes to their lineup for the Clare match. They didn’t mix-and-match enough in the league, so any large changes now are a shot-in-the-dark (which they maybe need?)

1 Like

Hes not long back from a hamstring injury.
A serious forward option if he can stay fit.

Kingston out with Hamstring.

All these @Limericks would sicken your shite.

1 Like

Disagree, i think Cork will make at least 3 if not more changes.

1 Like

I agree that they need them

I just don’t see him pulling the trigger

Cork play Pairc Ui Chaoimh well and will win.

The Limerick’s could run amok against a hapless Tipperary.

Badically. Hayes and Twomey showed nothing, Dalton can’t be match fit. It’ll be ROF for Twomey and that’ll be it.

Yeah but last year limerick already had 2 points on board.

Cork don’t and they’ll be be raging.

I think Tipp’s biggest disadvantage will be having not played in the first round with Limerick having a game under their belt.

I am reading absolutely nothing into the league. The last true barometer we have of Tipp is last year’s Championship when they were alright. They were definitely a lot better than 2022; started the year well, hit a bump against Waterford and never really recovered for the Galway game.

But we know the threat that Tipp do bring, they did show flashes of it in the league too, they hunt goals more than any other team really and Morris is probably up there as the best pure goalscorer in the game at the moment. There is a bit of uncertainty over who will play in what position, but I’m sure Cahill & Bevans have probably had a decent idea all along; Waterford would have had similar uncertainty looking in from the outside before last weekend.

Limerick are obviously favourites, they would have been even if they lost on Sunday but I don’t think Tipp fans should be as down as they are. I would expect a big performance from Limerick after last weekend though, and I do think that is our big advantage.

I just think Clare are better than Cork, in almost every department.

Cork would have to show something they haven’t shown in the past few years to actually beat Clare, bar a complete no-show.

3 Likes

They are at the moment. It all depends on Clares ability to put Sunday behind them. They usually invest too much into Limerick games and are flat the following week. Cork have some excuse playing with 13 but Clares collapse from 9 up could be catastrophic

Beat Waterford by 12 points the week after drawing with Limerick in 2022. Beat Wexford by 4 next match after the Munster final.

Best Waterford by 12 the next day out after the RR last year and Dublin by 18 last year after the Munster final.

2 Likes

On the Cork v Clare games. It will be hard from both teams to bounce back from their defeats. No idea whether it’s true or not but it seems to me that a lot of teams are physically wrecked after playing Limerick and really struggle the next day out

In the four round Robin years the only county to play Limerick and win a game the following week is Clare.

Would you fuck off with facts. I’m living in a different reality

3 Likes

It sounds terrifying.

Dublin and Wexford :rollseyes:

3 Likes

I have it on good authority that Ryan will be gone at end of the season. Job isnt what he thought it would be. Apparently Ben O Connor is being lined up to take over and anyone over 27 will be surplus to requirements. Ye heard it here first lads.

2 Likes

Who told you that mate.