Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

Wait, so what you’re saying is, a legendary former player, who has had national success with an underage side, might be asked to take over the overhaul of a squad who needs to introduce a large number of these underage players he is familiar with and has success with?

Thats a ballsy prediction. Lets see how it plays out.

4 Likes

What does this mean?

Too demanding? Players aren’t as good as he thought?

Arbitrarily cutting anyone over 27 would be a crazy move, can’t imagine anyone goes into a job thinking like that.

Couple of Sars lads. Apparently Ryan was given the chance for a clean slate 2 years ago but didnt take it. There was a ruckus between senior players, management and county board that not many people are aware of and its been a case of the tail wagging the dog ever since.

1 Like

He probably doesnt feel he has the full reins. I dont know tbh. I’m only piecing together what I hear on the grapevine. But you can take it to be bank that O Connor will be next manager.
As for arbitrary cut off of 27 its hard to know. Maybe looking at a 3 year window to win an AI and anyone over 30 mightnt be part of that process.

And Waterford twice who were all but eliminated/downed tools.

1 Like

Think i highlighted at the time of appointment as i worked with a girl whose dad was involved in the set up. Huge bust up at the time…it was hoped Ryan would bring the young lads through, the other chap in the running (forget his name) wanted to create distance between players and backroom team… Some of the (very) senior players were friends with back room team and he wanted that ended … Senior players started crying about it and Ryan was seen as happy medium.

2 Likes

Things will be a lot clearer after this weekend but Cork are at a bit of a disadvantage as they have the bye in round five so their faith is somewhat out of their hands unless they get 5 points or more over the next three games. Lose on Sunday and they are as good as gone as the h2h would go against them against both Clare and Waterford.

Even with a loss, Clare will still be alive on the final day if they beat Waterford in Ennis in round 4 and pretty much have a win and in match v Tipp in round 5. Would all but guarentee that Waterford and one of Tipp/Limerick would be on a max of 4 heading into the last round.

Waterford could benefit if Limerick get two results heading into round 5 and are safety through and may well rest players - same could be true if Tipp spring a surprise this weekend and have 5 points or more on the board heading into the final round.

Tipp are beginning to gain confidence.

The longer we don’t have to puck a ball, the better off we will be.

11 Likes

Be dropping his first cousin and Darragh Fitz if anyone over 27 is gone. No chance.

That’s the spirit

A Lockdown wouldn’t go astray.

Hurling needs a strong Tipp… The fans are getting giddy :clap:

I haven’t seen a support base being this down about their chances since…

Waterford last week.

2 Likes

The Tippos can smell blood… Their dander is up.

In fairness if we repeat our first 55 mins of play from last Sunday against Tipp they will have us buried.

Tipp never feared Limerick

It might be a reversal of crappy enough Limerick teams turning up and beating a Tipp team stacked with hall of famers (c. 2013-14).

TELL US NEVER

Can’t get knocked out if there are no matches :handshake:

It’s all opened up for Tipp now with the weekends results. A free hop off Limerick and go out and bate Waterford, Cork