Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

I’m just home, should be buzzing but numb after Pete’s injury, truth be told I felt like leaving after it, was with a few old NaP buddies and we were all sickened

7 Likes

Liam Gordon annoyed the crowd a couple of times but he is to James Owens as the Limerick hurlers are to Tipp.

2 Likes

Christ, turning his back to the play while he took 20 seconds to write in the scores

2 Likes

The fixtures have broken nicely for Waterford - Tipp at home next Saturday. Cahill’s media utterances after the match today makes me think we won’t see much of a reaction from Tipp.

Then limerick in the final round who most likely will already have qualified and may well have the second stringers playing

Tbh, the scoreline flattered Tipp somewhat.

Have Cork & Tipp ever been as weak at the same time as they are now?

So much of management is about who you are. Cahill never smiles, he has an utterly miserable face reminiscent of a communist dictator, he seems to get no enjoyment from management. It seems pretty obvious that after an initial kick, his camps quickly turn into miserable places.

The difference in personality and demeanour between himself and Liam Sheedy or Eamon O’Shea Michael (Church) Ryan is so noticeable. You imagine those camps would have been enjoyable to be a part of.

These permanently miserable types seem to be increasing in prevalence throughout the GAA, rather than decreasing.

12 Likes

What if tipp beat Waterford, cork beat tipp and limerick and Clare win all the rest of their matches? That seems fairly likely surely.

Does it?

Scoring difference between the 3 in that case.

I think the Tipp posters on here don’t rate Mick Church at all. The Na Piarsaigh posters would be of a similar opinion.

Id say that would be the favourites winning every remaining match ie the most likely thing to happen

I mentioned before, and my recollection may be wrong, but I had him down as a windy enough forward as a player. Trying to overcompensate as a manager with the no nonsense, hard man persona. I felt James Horan ticked that box to a certain extent in football too. Are there other examples?

1 Like

At least 3 of them woulda been better than what ye togged out today

1 Like

Could have thrown all six into our forward line in fairness.

2 Likes

Damien duff

This.

Yes they have, you just didn’t have to see them the week afterwards.

Mate, its the worst Tipperary outfit anyone who can can go back 70 years can tell you.

They are honest and i dont like saying it about lads who go to the gym and train 3 or 4 nights a week but they are so bad it’s not even funny.

Limerick are nothing to write home about but it is what it is.

You not giving Waterford much of a chance of winning in Ennis or Limerick?