Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

Exactly my point with the brown envelopes.
But what are the GAA and county boards going to do when they are (inevitably) accused of sexism for not giving a million a year to the camogie team?

I still have doubts that amalgamation will be happening in the timeframe given.

GAA Supporters - we want success and we dont care what it costs

Also GAA Supporters - we dont want to pay!

1 Like

You can have all the doubts you like, but you allowed this train to leave the station and it aint for stopping now.

Its going to open a can of worms which boils right back down to whether teams should be funded equally, or funded based upon what they raise.
Hard to know what the right answer is. I’d not mind seeing a swingeing cap on spending on IC teams in any case.

The LGFA and Camogie have to amalgamate first. They can’t even work together to avoid fixture clashes.

1 Like

They dont. We’d like them to, but we didnt say it and now we’re fucked.

I’ve the utmost confidence in the CEO of the LGFA to throw a spanner in the works.

Giving the under 17 and under 20 teams a guarantee of four games really benefits the counties who are investing heavily in academies.

It’s a simple maths thing really. If one county have 50 young lads coached properly in every age grade
from 13 to 18 for five years and they face a county who’s only 20 young lads coached from the 13 to 18 age grade 9 times out of 10 there will only be one winner at senior level.

The fa cup was a world famous sports Competition because of the shocks and giant killings. If instead of straight knock out it was best of three games then nobody would have heard of it because it removes the potential shocks. On any given day a team has a chance.

The more games you play and the longer the season is it gives the strongest counties a much greater chance
And screws the weaker counties with smaller numbers.

As I’ve said If the Limerick v Clare game was straight knock out in April Clare would have some sort of chance of turning Limerick over. If they did it would become the most open hurling championship in a decade and hurling in every county would be lifted immediately. You’d have six counties fancying theirs chances of winning the all Ireland.

That’s what ever sport wants and need to keep interest up. The gaa are making massive mistakes going this academy and semi pro route.

It will finish the GAA as a pastime within ten years.

A 16 or 17 year old who isn’t a County Minor has effectively nothing do now until July thanks to this nonsense.

Except play league games.

A rural club who’s best player is on a County Minor panel wont be raising much of a gallop in League games.

Thats a very nice strawman you’re after building there.

Man screaming at the clouds “There’s no games for youngsters”

Handsome intelligent reasoned man “Yes there are, there’s a full league programme”

Man screaming at clouds “Apart from all those games for youngsters, there are no games for youngsters”.

2 Likes

I’d genuinely say the normal hurling supporter would be happy. There’d be a lot made of the traffic for the week after the match however.

Minor leagues starting in Cork in 3 weeks. Teams training already but no games apparently. When I was minor, championships didn’t start until July with maybe a round or two played then stopped until September if county minors went on a run. Some lads have short memories.

1 Like

It was always going to end up that way. There was 17.5k at the league final last year. Between season ticket transfers betweefans and normal season ticket holders, they made fuck all extra out of it.

County Minors or U20’s should never be missing for Club games at their own level. League or Championship. Full stop.

Mickey mouse round robins at I/C at these grades are total disgrace and will finish the GAA sooner than people realise.

Today, a number of Tipperary County Minor hurlers weren’t allowed play a Schools U17 Football Quarter Final. That is wrong, wrong, wrong and is becoming the norm now.

So disheartening for the rest of the team to go out and get hammered when 4 of your best players are standing around in their uniforms. Why would you bother like.

8 Likes

Ah lads. :joy:

Tickets for 7 of the 10 Round Robin games in the Munster Senior Hurling Championship will go on sale on Wednesday March 27th at 10am via https://am.ticketmaster.com/gaa/munsterhurling2024 and via participating Centra and Supervalu outlets. Tickets for both games scheduled for Walsh Park Waterford (Waterford v Cork & v Tipperary) in addition to the Cusack Park Ennis meeting of Clare and Limerick will be distributed via the participating County Boards.

2 Likes