Munster SHC 2021

It’s really silly he hasn’t learned. An even bigger target painted on him now.

It’s a sad state of affairs when people think two red cards should have been given in that match yesterday. If people want to take the bit of cut thats left in hurling, out of it, shur we might as well be playing cricket.
That second half display from Limerick, in the conditions and 10 points down, was one for the ages. I have never seen anything quiet like it. The power, fitness and accuracy on display was on a level above even what the great Kilkenny team in their prime were capable of. No team could have lived with Limerick in the 2nd half yesterday.
The only team that can beat Limerick this year are Limerick and that’s unlikely to occur.

11 Likes

Gotta admire limericks edge. I feared they were gonna go down the sanctimonious fake Dublin route when they started going on about cups not going into pubs but they’ve jettisoned that shit and are doing what they want.

But this is lynch’s team, remove his influence and you’ll curb them. Not sure how though, legally.

2 Likes

Do like Limerick do, ignore the law. You’ll get away with it most of the time.

Rules are rules. You enforce them consistently or it makes the game a complete nonsense tbh. Hurling is the only sport on the planet where people seem to think the rules shouldn’t be enforced for the sake of the game.

1 Like

#Rentfree :rofl:

@fenwaypark 's clubmate is the man for him. Isn’t that right Fenway? At the very least someone from Ballymacoda should be able to lower the blade as a last (or first) resort.

He is an excellent man marker and hurler. However, he is just back from a year off injured and this is his first yesr playing at this level. We need to be careful with expectations. In no other county, would you detail such a job to such a young player.

Yeah well tough shit, because 100% is he going to be man-marking Kelly the next day out.

I heard they had a hard training session that morning

Kyle Hayes goal was like something you would see in a club under 14 or 15 game where there is one standout hurler. It was a fantastic run and finish ably assisted by terrible Tipp defending

6 Likes

I know that, but it is a huge ask of someone so inexperienced at this level. You are asking him to man mark one of the best players in the country.

We would be better off letting him find his feet at this level.

As an aside, I was talking to a lad that has coached Joyce a lot. He says his best position is half forward but will end up playing centre back as that is where he is pigeon holed now!

1 Like

:joy::joy:

Hayes is a great striker of the ball, the two goal finishes against Cork and yesterday were right on the sweet spot.

Thought Peter Casey was brilliant too, he’s not lightning fast but his footwork and ability to step off either foot and get the shot away is exemplary. He must have got five or six points from play.

1 Like

Would have thought there’s lots of examples of young corner backs being assigned to opposition top forwards?

1 Like

We are talking about man marking Tony Kelly here.

Dalo compares Limerick to Leinster professional rubby.

He’s got the wrists and footwork to give himself space and is as comfortable off left or right, probably our best forward so far over both games

Hayes’ goal actually reminded me a bit of Johnny Glynn’s against Cork in 2015. Albeit I think Hayes is a bit quicker across the turf than Johnny is.

Hayes only really broke one tackle, maybe two and ran past a few gassed players. It was a massive physical effort though, followed by a good low driven shot. It ended tipp hurling for a few years.