Munster SHC 2021

The championship record is still 5-4 in Tipp’s favour in that period and in the one knockout game played Tipp must have won by 20 points.

During that same period, whenever Tipp weren’t too busy drinking, fighting or going off with eachother’s girlfriends, they always had Kilkenny’s number quite comfortably, injuries or not.

They had kk’s number in 2009 til Benny Dunne went full metal jacket. I had the best seat I ever had at Croker, and I truly believe that.

They had Kilkenny’s number after the red card too and went further clear until the referee intervened and awarded Kilkenny the softest penalty in All Ireland Final history.

Remember Kilkenny should have played with 14 for most of that game too after the assault on Seamus Callanan in the opening minutes. But look, such is life.

1 Like

“But But But But…”

It’s awful to see the Tipp lads reduced to this.

1 Like

Why are you having a cut off that man?

We’d have dominated only for the drink :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

You’re a babbling twit. Those three who liked that post are seething jealous clowns.

Dream on.

Were you visiting a distant part of the solar system in 2012?

1 Like

O’Shea seems like a gentleman. A bit of anti-intellectualism in this attack on him perhaps?

2 Likes

Anyone who doesn’t conform to gaa stereotypes isn’t accepted by gah men. Derek McGrath for example

1 Like

Like I said Tipp’s off field discipline cost them numerous All Ireland’s. It ran from mid September 2010 to June 2014 peaking in 2012 with the Monday Club.

Even though they only got their act together in June 2014 after 3 and a half years partying, they still very nearly pulled it off that September.

In the other years when they were fully tuned in, they beat Kilkenny rather comfortably in 2010, 2016 and 2019 .

Have tipp ever lost a match on merit?

10 Likes

2010: they won, in a farce. Kilkenny then proceeded to beat Tipperary four championship ties in a row, 2011-14. So 2010 was certainly a farce, then and after.

2016: they won well, with Michael Fennelly out and Kieran Joyce wandering around midfield after a man who could not score.

2019: Tipp won, in a half farce.

Dream on.

He was in Lar Corbett’s orbit that day obviously

1 Like

Jesus kid, you left yourself wide open for a kicking with that post

With a Benny Hill soundtrack.

1 Like

Yeah when Kilkenny had an injury they always collapsed and were hammered.

At least when Tipp sent out a load of party boys they usually still made a game of it.

Extremely hot weather.

Mad dogs and…

They even led at half time in 2012, before proceeding to lose by God knows how many…

With 13 men too, hell of a performance considering.