Music Questions

Maybe Peter Hook knows.

Nose what?

Hook knows.

Mouse, talk to me about Bastille. Are they good or something like fucking Hard Fi? I like some of their songs and see the debut album’s out…

Mentioned CHVRCHES elsewhere. Really like what I’ve heard so far and yer wan is deadly. EP out now and album coming in the autumn.

Got right into The National so I did. Not sure which of Alligator, Boxer or High Violet I prefer - all excellent. New album out in May.

Have two Villagers albums to listen to also.

You guys are too young for me…

Looka Man…D’large brandy, de’smoke and atinnie…Bob Marley live

I’ve been listening to Becoming a Jackal by Villagers on and off for a few weeks and I think it’s average enough. Moving onto the new album now.

Anyone familiar with Daughter? Their debut album was recently released and I like this single:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbCeyb9okac

Anybody got any new album recommendations? Preferably debut albums given we already established on this thread that bands fail to better their debut album in 6.2/10 cases.

+1

I gave Daughter a few listens recently. Wasn’t really impressed

What else have you been listening to, Phil? You usually have your finger on the pulse, unlike that cunt ChocolateMice.

PS, Farmer recently admitted to ClarkeyCat and myself offline that he thinks The Bends is Radiohead’s best album but his online persona requires him to laud the shite they released after OK Computer.

I’ve forgotten more about music then you’ll ever know, pal.

I’m enjoying Lord Huron at the moment Bandage. I’m also liking Matthew E White. A bit of a slow burner but worth a listen

His gig in Whelans in January received plenty of very positive reviews http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/pursuedbyabear/2013/01/30/live-review-matthew-e-white/

[quote=“Phil Leotardo, post: 762809, member: 197”]I’m enjoying Lord Huron at the moment Bandage. I’m also liking Matthew E White. A bit of a slow burner but worth a listen

His gig in Whelans in January received plenty of very positive reviews http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/pursuedbyabear/2013/01/30/live-review-matthew-e-white/[/quote]

There is some good music out there, but Liam Gallagher was right, there hasn’t been great music made in years.

I’m glad you’re enjoying Lord Huron, I’ll send you on a few more recommendations when I get a chance.

FAO Tipp folk and their associates (e.g. TheRunt)

I was watching a documentary on Glen Campbell last night on BBC4. I’m a big fan of his and it said his mother was from Tipperary.

Does anyone know what part?

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 769156, member: 129”]FAO Tipp folk and their associates (e.g. TheRunt)

I was watching a documentary on Glen Campbell last night on BBC4. I’m a big fan of his and it said his mother was from Tipperary.

Does anyone know what part?[/quote]

Does it matter? They all smell of shit…

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 762815, member: 168”]There is some good music out there, but Liam Gallagher was right, there hasn’t been great music made in years.

I’m glad you’re enjoying Lord Huron, I’ll send you on a few more recommendations when I get a chance.[/quote]

What to fuck would Liam Gallagher know?

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 769156, member: 129”]FAO Tipp folk and their associates (e.g. TheRunt)

Does anyone know what part?[/quote]

The part called Arkansas.

I could see where one might confuse Tipp and Arkansas… both full of ignorant, inbred, cousin-fucking cunts.

Fellas, I really liked the Alt-J debut album last year. I haven’t listened to a Radiohead album since OK Computer but I read a review of the former’s recent Olympia gig where it compared Alt-J to “Kid A era Radiohead”. Is this a valid comparison?

I just listened to the first single off Editors’ upcoming new album. Utter shite.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 769175, member: 9”]Fellas, I really liked the Alt-J debut album last year. I haven’t listened to a Radiohead album since OK Computer but I read a review of the former’s recent Olympia gig where it compared Alt-J to “Kid A era Radiohead”. Is this a valid comparison?

I just listened to the first single off Editors’ upcoming new album. Utter shite.[/quote]

Still trying to justify this tripe a year later!? Reeks of desperation… You’ll never be in the top tier of music posters, mate, and all the radiohead references in the world won’t change that.

Being the lead singer in the greatest band in the history of music, I think he’d know quite a bit.

As you guys will probably have noted in The Smashing Tunes thread, Jagwar Ma have been on my radar lately, I think they are one of best acts to come through in the last 10 or so years. Their debut album is out in June and they also play Forbidden Fruit around that time, for which I will be trying to procure some tickets.