Nallys Law

http://www.boweryboogie.com/media/uploads//2009/10/Chief_Wiggum.png

…once a man is in your home anything you do to him is nice and legal
…it doesn’t work if you invite them in

A good day for the country :thumbsup:

Shite law. It’s gone from defending yourself from attack to now defending your house. Since when did we believe in capital punishment for the theft of property?

Thumbs down from me.

Even under this ridiculous proposal, Nally should rightfully be convicted.

Under the commission’s proposals, if a person is defending his or her dwelling, the requirement to retreat would not apply. In this situation, if the attack is serious and immediate, and the force used is necessary and proportionate, a person would be acquitted of murder if the intruder was killed during the incident.

Ward’s supposed attack ceased to be immediate when he started to run away. Shooting someone in the back is neither necessary nor proportionate force.

[quote=“braz83”]Even under this ridiculous proposal, Nally should rightfully be convicted.

Ward’s supposed attack ceased to be immediate when he started to run away. Shooting someone in the back is neither necessary nor proportionate force.[/quote]

:clap:

I’d imagine the thinking behind it is that it will act as a deterrent to the fuckers who do rob other peoples houses because, after all, the law as it stood, the guards and a small bit of chokey don’t seem to put them off.
You enter another persons home illegally or forcefully, then you’re fair game.

I’d have liked to see the law altered to legalise the use of booby traps on any or every entry point to a persons home as well. Stuff like knives, darts, acid or other nasty surprises for any scumbags who like their bit of B&E.

[quote=“Piles Hussain”]

I’d have liked to see the law altered to legalise the use of booby traps on any or every entry point to a persons home as well. Stuff like knives, darts, acid or other nasty surprises for any scumbags who like their bit of B&E.[/quote]

That’s been legal in the US since the early 90s I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK2Btk6Ybm0

[quote=“Thrawneen”]That’s been legal in the US since the early 90s I believe.
YouTube- Home Alone Trailer[/quote]

And there was me thinking Home Alone was a comedy :smiley:

There’s nothing funny about a BB gun shot to the testicle area or getting one’s hair scorched off with a blow-torch, I dare say.

Except when Joe Pesci is involved in either the administering or receiving of such punishment.

[quote=“braz83”]Even under this ridiculous proposal, Nally should rightfully be convicted.

Ward’s supposed attack ceased to be immediate when he started to run away. Shooting someone in the back is neither necessary nor proportionate force.[/quote]

That’s it in a nutshell and what I was trying to point out over on the other thread.

This law doesn’t excuse Nally’s actions.

Only thing NAlly did wrong was only killing one og the horrible cunts.

:guns::guns::clap::clap:

[quote=“Piles Hussain”]I’d imagine the thinking behind it is that it will act as a deterrent to the fuckers who do rob other peoples houses because, after all, the law as it stood, the guards and a small bit of chokey don’t seem to put them off.
You enter another persons home illegally or forcefully, then you’re fair game.
[/quote]

But there’s no evidence from any jurisdictios that this will actually reduce the instances of burglaries or anything. All it will do is encourage panic reactions.

It’s a sop to backbenchers again.

[quote=“Rocko”]But there’s no evidence from any jurisdictios that this will actually reduce the instances of burglaries or anything. All it will do is encourage panic reactions.

It’s a sop to backbenchers again.[/quote]

Well as far as reducing burglaries and home entries go, you’d have to say that whatever measures are currently in place aren’t worth a tupenny fuck, so why not try this.
A sop to the backbenchers? I dunno about that. People being harmed in their homes by criminals is always a very hot topic.
If this bill went before the population tomorrow I reckon it’d pass.
The law as it was gave no comfort to anyone except the perpetrators of crimes. The issue had to be addressed and strongly. This is about as strong as it gets.
Panic reactions are always a possibility, with or without guns or other lethal weapons. There aren’t many who wouldn’t panic if their home was being invaded, but this measure doesn’t mean that people are going to start offing anyone who looks sideways at their house or start blowing holes in the drywall every time they hear a creak in a floorboard late at night.
Just because we can, doesn’t mean we all will.

good stuff

even if only 2 or 3 skobes are killed it’ll drop the number of recidivists in the country,and it’s about time the scum got a few lessons that the criminal justice in this country seems to shy away from with all the namby pamby concurrent sentences, cushy jail cells and the like, real crimes that will have real consequences

also it will piss off the irish council for civil liberties :clap::clap::thumbsup:

[quote=“Rocko”]But there’s no evidence from any jurisdictios that this will actually reduce the instances of burglaries or anything. All it will do is encourage panic reactions.

It’s a sop to backbenchers again.[/quote]

Panic reaction to what?..some prick snooping round your house?..at least now he’s under no illlusions that he’s fair game once he comes in…they might think twice once one of them is absolutely smashed to pieces…the amount of houses being robbed in the last month in dublin is unbelieveble…and its robbers taking serious risks in the hope they have correctly guessed that nobody is in…i know people who have gone out for half an hour and had the house done…

Vincent Browne knows the score on Nally.

Jim Power is some gobshite.