National Development Plan 2021

Does it still take three or four hours to come up the coast?

It does, with the random spur off the coast from Arklow to Rathdrum and back to Wicklow town, to serve the mines that haven’t been open for 40 years.

Mental stuff. Took it only the once on my way back from an inter rail (when inter railers took the boat) and was pretty pissed off with how slow it was.

The best bit is when the Darts are delayed which impacts the non Dart trains and you find yourself sitting in Rathdrum for 20 mins waiting for the train coming from the other direction

All people south of Bray should have to disembark from those tin pot commuter trains to get the DART from there.

1 Like

Sure the train already runs to cobh. Not a massive town either

The people on the Dart to and from Greystones might be slightly inconvenienced by this

A lot of sense in that. Use the motorway then for bus services which would be far cheaper and quicker than upgrading the rail link.

You’d wonder why cars were ever invented given that bikes are so great

3 Likes

They have yet to fully grasp the importance of the question “Plain, spoicy or suddernfried?”

They can get on the commuter.

Put the train line in the middle of or alongside the motorway. Tonnes of space around it

So a whole new rail line?

Sure why not

Because there’s probably other projects that have a higher return/higher priority and it’s not an infinite well of resources would be my first reason.

I can’t imagine as a Wexford man you give much of a fuck about that though :joy:

1 Like

he voted veronica in mate, he will get nothing

if someone invented cars now rather than 100 years ago and said they will are convenient but:
will kill millions every year including millions of kids
will destroy the planet & lead to mass extinction
will be inefficient for driving in cities
will sit idle for 90% of the time & takeover public space

people would say its a shit invention

Less of the hyperbolts mate

2 Likes

Once the Spinning Jenny was invented we were on the path to extinction.

once we stopped hunting & gathering and became farmers mate- that was that

1 Like