National Development Plan 2021

Would the Lithuanians be roasters?

The sight of a family of Lithuanians at a carvery is something to behold.

2 Likes

How are they at deli counters?

Not great.
They don’t take too kindly to being told there is no swan sandwiches.

4 Likes

They love their bottle of tae too.

thats all well and good but the EU signed off on the strategic funds for a motorway from larne to rosslare back in 2000, so how much extra money has the dithering cost due to prices rising

The first casualty of the Cork part of the NDP fiasco.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2021/1006/1251089-politics-td/

Its the N25, not the M20 as far as I’m aware

Yea, sorry he’s batting for the West Cork side and the N22.
I’ll edit that.

What’s he moaning about, there’s a rail line to there. We shouldn’t be wasting money on roads to places like that.

1 Like

Was there any mention in the NDP of the Rosslare - Dublin trainline? Anything to bring it out of the 1800s?

1 Like

A quick search of the pdf posted by Fagan in the first post here gives six mentions of Rosslare.

But nothing about improving the trainline. Only coastal erosion works around it

You voted Veronica in mate, Public transport isnt a big thing for her, you should have voted Green

Eh, Verona is the one advocating for the rail upgrade and a massive upgrade of Rosslare Port. Meehawl is taking credit for spending the EU’s money that has already been allocated.

The Green candidate here was a laughing stock. They made her stand for election against her own desire. Shocking carry on.

yes, Veronica delivered for you alright you chump

2 Likes

Sure you know well I’ll only vote for the TD who can accelerate the passport application process

To be fair, I think that Wexford is better served than many places with road/rail connections at this stage so I’d say there could be higher priorities out there.

I suppose the problem with the rail link is the Greystones to Bray bit along the cliff? Hard to see that being significantly upgraded easily, cheaply or quickly. Would more regular train services to Greystones, allowing transfer to the DART, be an interim solution?

It is a single line railway south of Bray. There’s 3 trains a day from Wexford to Dublin & back because the line can’t handle any additional volume. Its almost prehistoric. Much of the line does go along the cliff or coast which makes it a real challenge but there’s been no move to improve it at all in my lifetime anyway. They’d be as well shutting the rail line completely if its not going to be improved and beef up the bus network.

1 Like

The slow train to Wicklow town. Lovely view to be fair.

What they should actually do is move that line altogether and make the old line a bike path. Twould be cracking

2 Likes