National Football League 2015

I had to google this to get it.

The Racing Post’s tips for the league

[ATTACH=full]2300[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1083558, member: 48”]The Racing Post’s tips for the league

[ATTACH=full]2300[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Who writes for them? It’s not the first time I have seen people put Cork in the mix. They might slip Dublin as first games can be a bit funny and the Dubs may not be at full strength. By my calculations that would add to 2 other wins I think they will pick up. 4 is low enough to go down, but 6 is not enough, generally, to make semi’s. If you look at the fixtures avoiding relegation would be an achievement.

People really seem to under estimate the changing of the coaches. Players like continuity at that level. A lot of things get turned on it’s head. Not to mention the general mess last year was.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1083560, member: 273”]Who writes for them?
[/QUOTE]
David Jennings is the chap’s name

I’m being presumptuous, but that doesn’t sound very gah.

However the other ones are not too far off. Derry will survive ahead of Monaghan I think.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1083594, member: 273”]I’m being presumptuous, but that doesn’t sound very gah.
[/QUOTE]
Punter who has made money on GAA in the past.

Thinks Cork are overpriced and will be shorter tomorrow evening. He reckons (look away now @Il Bomber Destro) their 4 trips north aren’t as daunting as they might have been in previous years

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1083595, member: 48”]Punter who has made money on GAA in the past.

Thinks Cork are overpriced and will be shorter tomorrow evening. He reckons (look away now @Il Bomber Destro) their 4 trips north aren’t as daunting as they might have been in previous years[/QUOTE]
I agree with that last part. I would see Cork winning in Monaghan and I have a funny feeling they will beat one of Mayo or Kerry. They are more talented than Turone but they are probably fitter and I just think that when it comes to the crunch and lads are looking at the sideline Cork may well lose games they could be winning. Harmony in a camp is vital. It’s not in disarray but there are grumblings. They become major issues when things go wrong. A harmonious camp deals with defeats better.
I get value etc, but a better price today ahead of tomorrow isn’t enough to put money on a extremely unlikely outcome.

Galway havent a hope of winning division 2. If they lose tomorrow, and meath are a great price at 11/8 they’ll be in a relegation play off against westmeath the following week. Walsh is nowhere near a settled team.

As an aside you can get setanta for 9.99 for the first 3 months in an offer at the minute

anyone going to kildare / down tomorrow?
I am

I expect Galway and Meath to get out. The winner tomorrow will be top, I expect Galway to win and Meath and Rosscommon to scupper Kildare.

odd tips there
Derry are always a team that take the league seriously, i wouldnt back Offaly to win anything

[QUOTE=“maroonandwhite, post: 1083599, member: 1406”]Galway havent a hope of winning division 2. If they lose tomorrow, and meath are a great price at 11/8 they’ll be in a relegation play off against westmeath the following week. Walsh is nowhere near a settled team.

As an aside you can get setanta for 9.99 for the first 3 months in an offer at the minute[/QUOTE]

I think you could say that about a lot of teams in that division.

It’s been a good few years since Cavan and Roscommon have been Division 2 sides so they might take a while to adjust. Down and Galway are under new management and both squads would be a bit unsettled yet, Galway missing the Corofin contingent and Down having quite a few retirements as well as having players playing with their universities and Warrenpoint players missing for the McKenna Cup. Meath and Laois haven’t really pulled up any roots in Division two over the last few years as well. Kildare would look the best equipped to go up but there isn’t an awful lot between the teams and Laois and Westmeath are also capable of getting results here.

Have Setanta Ireland exclusive rights to the league?

Just the Saturday night games

:rolleyes:

You’d be pushed to find more than 5 Cork players who could make the Tyrone starting XV.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1083594, member: 273”]I’m being presumptuous, but that doesn’t sound very gah.

However the other ones are not too far off. Derry will survive ahead of Monaghan I think.[/QUOTE]

He is very good tipster

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1083560, member: 273”]Who writes for them? It’s not the first time I have seen people put Cork in the mix. They might slip Dublin as first games can be a bit funny and the Dubs may not be at full strength. By my calculations that would add to 2 other wins I think they will pick up. 4 is low enough to go down, but 6 is not enough, generally, to make semi’s. If you look at the fixtures avoiding relegation would be an achievement.

People really seem to under estimate the changing of the coaches. Players like continuity at that level. A lot of things get turned on it’s head. Not to mention the general mess last year was.[/QUOTE]

He has just picked Cork as they are decent value as opposed to who he thinks are the most likely winner I’d say. Not much point putting up Dublin @ 11/10 for an ante post bet that you won’t get paid out on for few months.

Wouldn’t say Cork have much chance personally.

You’d be pushed to find more than 5 Cork players who could make the Tyrone starting XV.[/QUOTE]
Cork have such a superior forward line it’s not even mentionable. Cork would have far more match winners and have far more high level medal winners from Senior, u-21, Sigerson. Collectively they have not performed near their ability in a while but I would say if they are to survive it will probably be at the expense of Monaghan & Tyrone. Tyrone will probably start well as they are up and running early, but those advantages won’t last long.

Cork don’t have a superior forward line. I would expect Tyrone to be the top ranked Ulster team in the league this year, they’ve got a decent draw with the games, they seem to be in good shape on the injury and fitness front and they had a good McKenna Cup campaign. A few of last year’s issues seemed to have been ironed out, the defence look settle and secured in comparison to last year. McNulty looks like a great find at midfield which also frees Cavanagh up to offer us a target man up front - something we’ve been badly lacking of late. The half forward line is still a major concern but I’m feeling optimistic.

Monaghan have a strong team out tonight but I think we’ll have too much for them. Really looking forward to seeing how the likes of McNulty, Lavery and McKenna get on after their great showings in the McKenna Cup. The proof will be in the pudding but Harte would seem to have a gar greater grasp of his best XV this year in comparison to the musical chairs that took place last year.

I’ll be watching the Tyrone-Monaghan game tonight. Anyone opting for the Donegal-Derry match? I will be recording it in any case, I know Derry people rave about McAntamney so would like to get a look at him.