National Football League 2015

What’s the story with Colm Cooper and his come back from injury?

He can’t come back until he’s recovered from the injury I believe.

I’m vehemently opposed to the GAA giving Mayo County Board a financial bailout and taking over their debt. :mad:

No worse than what they did with Kildare a few years back? But I thoroughly agree, financial doping.

Indeed. Not saying they’re unique and there’s precedent for it happening. But it’s selectively done and it’s, as you say, financial doping.

Of course they should help Mayo.

On a related note, Kerry GAA want to take on full time GDA’s on job bridge. You have to be degree qualified with at least Level 1 coaching. :rolleyes:
What a fucking disgrace. I fucking hate the GAA.

It’s plainly absurd to provide a full bail out to some county boards to compensate for complete financial mismanagement and reckless governance at the expense of other county boards in similar positions.

But it’s ok to bail out the banks?

Certainly not. Are you in favour of blanket bail-outs?

the dubs won’t be leaving Croker any summer soon so… Someone has to generate the cash to pay for all the muldoon bailouts …clowns…

A single code county for all intents and purposes, we should be shown where the money went exactly. Keith Duggan and his ilks expenses?

You mean Kieran Shannon?

Yeah, a single code county exerting no financial control and racking up massive debts is ridiculous.

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1098223, member: 9”]You mean Kieran Shannon?

Yeah, a single code county exerting no financial control and racking up massive debts is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Oh yea, that one.

Its baffling, I can only imagine it was pissed away on warm weather camps, a state of the art training centre for their one code county, and any other number of cosy set ups for their splendidly chokeworthy footballers. Its a thundering disgrace to be honest. Who bailed Wexford out when they got in trouble?

it’s a lower interest rate on a loan for a ground re-development
offaly are up next

Bigger question is does every county need a piece of shit stadium - surely better to have one or two actually decent ones per province with covered stands etc

Could you perhaps bring that up with Frank and all the taxpayers money he’s going to get to build his tomb?

Yeah another example of a half arsed attempt at a modern stadium

Offaly pissed all their money over the past 15 years into doing up Tullamore and let their underage go to shit.

Kildare, another single code county pretty much, at least let their shithole stadium fall apart, yet they mortgaged themselves into the fucking ground paying for McGeeney and his entourage as well as Hawkfield. So much so, that the GAA had to put an independent in charge of their finances.

You couldnt make this shit up.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1098236, member: 180”]Offaly pissed all their money over the past 15 years into doing up Tullamore and let their underage go to shit.

Kildare, another single code county pretty much, at least let their shithole stadium fall apart, yet they mortgaged themselves into the fucking ground paying for McGeeney and his entourage as well as Hawkfield. So much so, that the GAA had to put an independent in charge of their finances.

You couldnt make this shit up.[/QUOTE]

all of this before pay for players although there are players in Dublin set up who are de facto professional GAA players

You couldnt make this shit up really. County Boards are practically running themselves into the ground around the country, gambling it all on managers and trying to make the breakthrough, when in fact only about 5 could win an All Ireland in football each year, and 4 in hurling, give or take. And yet people talk about pay for play, despite the fact that Croke Park are running around bailing out shambolic county boards up and down the country. You have one fella in Cork building a mausoleum to himself and players in Dublin getting free cars and any level of insurance offers, phones etc.

And on top of that, you have Leinster counties having to vote to KEEP Dublin in Croke Park because they haven’t a pot to piss in!

Its mental really.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1098224, member: 180”]Oh yea, that one.

Its baffling, I can only imagine it was pissed away on warm weather camps, a state of the art training centre for their one code county, and any other number of cosy set ups for their splendidly chokeworthy footballers. Its a thundering disgrace to be honest. Who bailed Wexford out when they got in trouble?[/QUOTE]

Open to correction but I think Wexford largely sorted themselves out. The current Chairman seems like a really competent sort. He gathered lots of GAA-minded business people around him too and negotiated additional/new sponsorship deals (e.g. horsey trainer Jim Bolger assisting with Glanbia/Gain Feeds jersey deal), re-negotiated terms of certain supplier deals, introduced strict financial controls and tightened purse strings massively. Got a lot of side fundraising projects up and running too in conjunction with supporters’ club etc. They got a grant to assist with completing the Centre of Excellence in Ferns but the initial project was scaled back by the Chairman and development committee because it would have been too costly and expensive to pay off and would have adversely affected our ability to run our day-to-day affairs in the future. Meanwhile, you have Croke Park bailing out the likes of Mayo and Kildare.