National Football League 2015

What a mug. Cribben is a gent. He left Laois in no mess.

Utter shite yet again from Kildare. I’d say the first half was the worst I’ve seen in a good few years, maybe going back to the Crofton era. This Ryan lad hasn’t a clue what he wants them to be doing, aimless performances have been his hallmark. I’m fucking seething

Star studded?

Next round of fixtures in Div 1.

Donegal - Monaghan

Must win game for Monaghan. I think they’re gone if they lose this one. Donegal will be sure of a top 4 finish if they win.

Cork - Kerry

Winner again is most likely assured of a last 4 place. Think Kerry will be safe irrespective of a defeat, Cork not totally out of the woods yet if they lose.

Dublin - Tyrone

Dublin need to win this and I’d expect them to picks up points from all their games at Croke Park, would expect them to field a stronger team from the start next week. Not easy to read into Tyrone last night as the conditions were deplorable. I thought the attitude and intensity was decent though but I’d be content with a competitive performance next week. Tyrone-Dublin are usually close games in the league.

Derry - Mayo

Must win game for Derry, looked to be back on track last night and some important players are returning. They have quite a few u21 players on the panel and they play the opening round the following Wednesday so it will be interesting to see the involvement there. Mayo should be ok regardless. I think if Derry can get a win here they have a great chance of staying up.

Kev has been hyping this team up for some time.

Limerick were AI Hurling champions in 1918 champ. They beat Wexford 9-5 to 1-3
Tipp were beaten in 1918 by Wexford who completed their four in a row that year so you maybe correct.
The Liilywhites spoiled the five in a row party in 1919. Wexford were never seen again. Tipp got their fourth and final AI in 1920 and they too were never seen again.

Keep it to the hurling champ please.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 1100330, member: 2533”]Next round of fixtures in Div 1.

Donegal - Monaghan

Must win game for Monaghan. I think they’re gone if they lose this one. Donegal will be sure of a top 4 finish if they win.

Cork - Kerry

Winner again is most likely assured of a last 4 place. Think Kerry will be safe irrespective of a defeat, Cork not totally out of the woods yet if they lose.

Dublin - Tyrone

Dublin need to win this and I’d expect them to picks up points from all their games at Croke Park, would expect them to field a stronger team from the start next week. Not easy to read into Tyrone last night as the conditions were deplorable. I thought the attitude and intensity was decent though but I’d be content with a competitive performance next week. Tyrone-Dublin are usually close games in the league.

Derry - Mayo

Must win game for Derry, looked to be back on track last night and some important players are returning. They have quite a few u21 players on the panel and they play the opening round the following Wednesday so it will be interesting to see the involvement there. Mayo should be ok regardless. I think if Derry can get a win here they have a great chance of staying up.[/QUOTE]

ah its pretty strightforward really
derry are a very poor side from what i saw of them last night, home advantage might make them competitive but if mayo are anyway half arsed they should put them away. derry just seem to hand pass the ball about inside their 45 and then try to launch hail marys at Bradley, an awful shambles of a team altogether
i wasnt impressed at all with donegal when i was in croke the other night, think they overplay the ball too much, murphy was at it again today, solo from the 45 in to the 14, afraid to shoot and then just handpasses it back to the 21. awful stuff… however they wont loose to Monaghan
Dublin will beat tyrone >6 if they play decent team, Tyrone look jaded, the cynical shite wont help in croke park
cork kerry will be a draw or a 1 point game.

derry are fucked. monaghan or tyrone will follow them
id be expecting mayo to really start pushing on from now, theyd be my favorites to win it out id say

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1100454, member: 367”]ah its pretty strightforward really
derry are a very poor side from what i saw of them last night, home advantage might make them competitive but if mayo are anyway half arsed they should put them away. derry just seem to hand pass the ball about inside their 45 and then try to launch hail marys at Bradley, an awful shambles of a team altogether
i wasnt impressed at all with donegal when i was in croke the other night, think they overplay the ball too much, murphy was at it again today, solo from the 45 in to the 14, afraid to shoot and then just handpasses it back to the 21. awful stuff… however they wont loose to Monaghan
Dublin will beat tyrone >6 if they play decent team, Tyrone look jaded, the cynical shite wont help in croke park
cork kerry will be a draw or a 1 point game.

derry are fucked. monaghan or tyrone will follow them
id be expecting mayo to really start pushing on from now, theyd be my favorites to win it out id say[/QUOTE]

I’d give Derry a better chance of staying up than Monaghan Looking at the report today it seemed to be a close enough game with Monaghan until the two red cards, McManus also missed out with injury but I think they have serious, serious issues in midfield without Eoin Lennon. Monaghan are goosed for me, just too small a pool of talent and reliant on a few players.

I think Derry will pull it together and finish the league strongly, the likes of Kielt, McBride and Doherty are huge players for them to have back. Bradley started his first game last night, Lynch will be back next week and they will probably have a few others like McFaul, Heavron and McAtamney back next week too.

Tyrone seem to perform much better against teams not from Ulster.

when dubs hammer Kerry sure its only the league…when Kerry beat Dublin its a marker laid down for summer…:smiley: Kerry’s second win in something like 9 meetings again the dubs since 2010 and fitzmaurice talking up about having set the record straight…:smiley:

Excellent praise from Eugene McGee in his column for the masterful handling of yesterday’s win by Kerry over Dublin by Eddie Kinsella. While McGee is a blowhard, it’s difficult to argue with him, Kinsella was outstanding yesterday and now rivals Maurice Deegan for the games top football referee.

Eugene McGee : Games Heavyweights Prove Why They Are A Class Apart

It is worth stressing here that while there were many personal and group skirmishes - partly understandable because of the conditions - this was a model piece of refereeing by Eddie Kinsella. He played the game according to the rules and made several hard but correct decisions, including lots of black, yellow and red cards, every one of which was correct.

In fact, if other referees want a template for the rest of the year they should study this game several times. Clearly the referees have done some homework on their use of the black card following some variations last season and I have no doubt players will be a lot more careful from now on. They’ll hopefully study the relevant rule or have it explained to them before they start whinging.

Amazing the way things are portrayed differently depending on what teams are involved.

most lads boast about players who come from their county…the poor laois man can only boast about providing the ref.:smiley:

Uh that’s harsh.

This is part of the reason these soft fuckers choke every August/September. Look closely, there’s 2 red cards in here. You’d see worse at club games up and down the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Gb1oWp9bY

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1100769, member: 2812”]This is part of the reason these soft fuckers choke every August/September. Look closely, there’s 2 red cards in here. You’d see worse at club games up and down the country.

[/QUOTE]

Mayo players actually can’t tackle. Hughes was nearly being assaulted with the ball there.

Keane actually gives him a dig in the balls to start it all off.

What has me particularly seething is the production of this video clip. What has any Mayo fan, or film-making enthusiast have to gain from this? This all follows on the back of a challenge match in ’13 between the two sides which ended in flakes.

I’ll also point out that perimeter fence is extremely close to the sideline. 1m further back, and Wylie doesn’t see red.

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1100769, member: 2812”]This is part of the reason these soft fuckers choke every August/September. Look closely, there’s 2 red cards in here. You’d see worse at club games up and down the country.

[/QUOTE]
What’s your point here, because I’m struggling to see one?

+1

Stop pulling eachother off and read my post above fucktards.