National Football League 2015

This Morgan fella has been atrocious on the frees for a while now, he seems to miss 3-4 badly to every one he scores and it’s just pot luck with him. They’d be better using a different free-taker or just playing the long range ones short and working the point from there. Peter Harte is a great bit of stuff for Tyrone, has been for a few years now. I think as much as anything Tyrone aren’t so much as improving but rather Dublin are going very bad at moment and don’t seem to be flying fit yet, whereas Tyrone were a lot more ahead of them in this department. Also Tyrone are a bogey team for the Dubs in recent years. Tyrone will win nothing this year there are too many top players lacking. Thought McCarron had an excellent game as well actually.

I would disagree there, if we play like we did tonight we are capable of beating anyone on the day. The attitude and mindset seems to have completely changed. Harte, McNabb, McMahon, McCarron, Donnelly and the Cavanaghs are all top players who would have their place on any team. Of course Dublin aren’t at their best at the minute and the chopping and changing doesn’t help but more than that tonight they showed they lack another dimension, they had a lot of players back tonight that they didn’t previousy - Brogan and Cluxton making their first starts, McCarthy and Flynn making their first appearances of the league. If they can’t run through teams they don’t look like they have nous to break teams down, they need to show much more patience in this regard. I’d be very interested to see how they do against a Derry team that will be set up similarly in a couple of weeks and should be approaching close to full strength.

It’s clear Tyrone are far more prepared than Dublin are right now. The Dublin you are seeing at the moment is a shadow of the team that was walking all over everyone a year and more ago. They are capable of raising their performance levels 50-75% from what you saw tonight. The same cannot be said for Tyrone. Who is McNabb? Look i wish ye well but this current Tyrone team will do nothing. I would like to see some more quality young players come through in the coming years and for ye to get back up a level and seriously challenge again. What happened to the fella who was playing corner forward last year and played excellent against Kerry in last year’s league btw? Big fella with sweet left peg but i can’t remember his name. Donnelly is a bit of a gym monkey, though i admire many of his attributes. His kicking ability is terrible, if he could improve his kicking/shooting 50% he’d be a very useful player.

with every match that passes there’s a stronger whiff of arsene Wenger off jim Gavin… Can’t believe dubs are red hot favourites for AI with Kerry 3/1 …kerry are miles ahead of Dublin with regards a system the players know and buy into…and we haven’t even seen the Gooch yet!

Tyrone are in “training to win” mode clearly, Dublin are in “training to play” mode.
Tyrone are average, but I do admire them for getting so much out of themselves.

While I don’t quite agree with you, I do think Gavin is slightly rattled. His comments last week after Kerry defending Dublins discipline, without query, was bizarre and exposing IMO.

Donnelly is a much better footballer than you credit him, well able to kick points from distance with either foot and a very capable passr - sometimes goes for the wrong option though. Sold a few lovely dummies to set up the goal chance for McCann as well.

Coney is the guy you mention, had enough chances over the last few years but didn’t take them. Stormed off after being subbed in the McKenna Cup final and was dropped from the panel. Tyrone played at a level tonight that would be close to their best but they hand enough scoring chances and domination of the game to win by 10 points. McNabb is the no. 5, one of the stars of the 08 winning minor team - has been plagued by injuries since then but they looked to have cleared up now.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 1103046, member: 2533”]Donnelly is a much better footballer than you credit him, well able to kick points from distance with either foot and a very capable passr - sometimes goes for the wrong option though. Sold a few lovely dummies to set up the goal chance for McCann as well.

Coney is the guy you mention, had enough chances over the last few years but didn’t take them. Stormed off after being subbed in the McKenna Cup final and was dropped from the panel. Tyrone played at a level tonight that would be close to their best but they hand enough scoring chances and domination of the game to win by 10 points. McNabb is the no. 5, one of the stars of the 08 winning minor team - has been plagued by injuries since then but they looked to have cleared up now.[/QUOTE]
Donnelly is a savage footballer. But he is on his own a lot if the time. Although I do think Peter Harte is now showing the consistent form he always seemed capable of.

Harte was being railroaded by being deployed as a centre back in recent seasons which didn’t suit him. Think the newer guys are beginning to step up, McCann had another great game today, Tierney was brilliant as well as were McNulty and McNabb. Justy looks to be playing the best football of his career and gives us a big physical presence in there.

What’s the live game today? Cork and Kerry I presume?

Fuck no, no one would want to watch that massacre live. Its Clare v Tipperary.

Hurling?

FFS sake.

Good win for Cork, anyone see it?

Vital win for Monaghan.

If Derry could grab a win then it will really set the league up nicely.

Down in a very strong position for promotion now.

2 point win for Mayo.

Derry doomed now, Cork and Mayo should have semi spots. Everything else wide open, really good league this year.

That’s twice this league campaign this Cork team has mugged you off

1MAYO431069516
2CORK431075626
3DONEGAL422048484
4TYRONE411246494
5MONAGHAN422055604
6KERRY422060694
7DUBLIN412157563
8DERRY403152671

I picked cork fella

We are most likely still going down :clap: