National Football League 2015

saw first half and a bit of second…cork ran through Kerry defence…their full forward line destroyed Kerry full back line…always trying to isolate Kerry full backline one on one and just skipped past them…no chance Kerry will be that open come summer…o Driscoll no.10 for cork looks a serious player…covered some amount of ground and chipped in with a few points in first half alone…kerrys ploy was for Moran to leather high ball in on top of Donaghy…quite successfully too…cork struggled with it…none more so than cork keeper who dropped a few howlers…
cork have some lovely forwards and cadogan at midfield really gave them a physical presence but come summer it will be a totally different Kerry playing a total different way…they will defo drop men back as that defence looks very frail…

I picked cork fella

Ken O’Halloran is a bombscare of a keeper.

Imagine Ciaran Whelan thinking he has the authority to tell someone like Donaghy that he should keep his nose out of trouble :smiley:

[QUOTE=“scumpot, post: 1103429, member: 182”]saw first half and a bit of second…cork ran through Kerry defence…their full forward line destroyed Kerry full back line…always trying to isolate Kerry full backline one on one and just skipped past them…no chance Kerry will be that open come summer…o Driscoll no.10 for cork looks a serious player…covered some amount of ground and chipped in with a few points in first half alone…kerrys ploy was for Moran to leather high ball in on top of Donaghy…quite successfully too…cork struggled with it…none more so than cork keeper who dropped a few howlers…
cork have some lovely forwards and cadogan at midfield really gave them a physical presence but come summer it will be a totally different Kerry playing a total different way…they will defo drop men back as that defence looks very frail…[/QUOTE]
I actually see it as very patronizing and sneering from Kerry. The shite out of Fitzmaurice afterwards was embarrassing. It’s a “how stupid are these Cork lads” kinda attitude.

What did he say?

I believe it was something along the lines of “yerrah Cork are a great team like, we know that like”.

not as bad as you mouthing off about Whelan, Paddy Christie dessie Farrell and any other dub you No mark freak…

Donegal only scored 1-1 in 60 minutes today in a Ulster classic, jesus that must have been some watching.

Sounded like a classic attritional Ulster tie.

I’d say there is a bit of a shock though kev…i doubt even Fitzmaurice thought kerry defence was that bad when left man to man…I’d say he was planning on playing a more expansive game with Gooch and Tommy Walsh back but I’d say he’ll find it difficult to move away from dropping men back to protect that defence…

Kerry’s full back line is a major weakness. Paul Murphy is also vastly overrated, his performances last year were nothing spectacular.

[B]Kevin Egan[/B] @lonesharkoy[/URL] · [URL=‘https://twitter.com/lonesharkoy/status/574590604946116608’]5h5 hours ago
Shout from the Rossie crowd at an injured Laois player - “Bring him up to the hospital, at least ye have one!”.

:smiley:

Ya he has to, they are pretty weak there. That’s why I thought his win last year was so spectacularly clever. Kerry are carrying quite a few backs. And it won’t get any easier with aging players and potential retirements.
Very strong up the field though now.

What did Cillian O Connor score from play today?

0-01

That Kildare penalty was dreadful, havent seen as bad a run up in a long long time.

FAO @Il Bomber Destro

Their tactics today were no protection for backs going man on man and lump high ball in Donaghy. They didn’t give a fuck.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1103483, member: 180”]That Kildare penalty was dreadful, havent seen as bad a run up in a long long time.

FAO @Il Bomber Destro

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_mmLx0UwAA-AjK.png[/QUOTE]

Disgraceful scenes, without doubt started by Antrim’s James Loughrey and Tyrone’s Kieran Donaghy.

Bizarre commentary from Ger Canning. Twice he mentioned Stephan O Donoghue as playing on Donaghy yet anytime a ball went in it was shields and SOD clearly played in the position he was picked, at No. 6