National Football League 2015

What’s the story with Gooch? There was talk of him togging for the AI final, yet we haven’t seen sight nor sound of him yet this year. Did he have a set back? Or are they just priming him towards August?

Yes, he had a setback, reported late last week, but very little information given on it. Kev will be along shortly to tell us he’s fucked because someone he knows told him something.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/minor-setback-means-gooch-is-still-not-ready-31065547.html

Nobody does a smokescreen like Kerry.
Probably been a bit lazy in his rehab I’d say

@weeshiefogarty: Great news for Kerry supporters Colm Cooper played a full practice over the weekend scored 1-6 and was moving very well.

@TreatyStones

Laois team to play Galway

1. Graham Brody (Portlaoise)
  2. Paul Begley (Stradbally)
  3. Mark Timmons (Graiguecullen)
  4. Damien O’Connor (Timahoe)
  5. Darren Strong (Emo)
  6. Robbie Kehoe (O’Dempsey’s)
  7. Colm Begley (Parnells)
  8. Brendan Quigley (Timahoe)
  9. John O’Loughlin (St Brigid’s)
  10. Niall Donoher (Courtwood)
  11. Conor Boyle (Portlaoise)
  12. Gareth Dillon (Portlaoise)
  13. Ross Munnelly (Arles-Kilcruise)
  14. Donal Kingston (Arles-Killeen)
  15. Evan O’Carroll (Crettyard)

Hup :pint:

Here’s to hopefully staying up, possible promotion and the opportunity to relegate Kildare on Saturday night in Portlaoise :clap:

A win over either Meath or Laois in their last two games guarantees Down promotion, alright for a team who had no chance of promotion.

The goals Galway handed to Laois yesterday. :smiley:

Goalkeepers are fucking hilarious creatures :smiley:

[I]Offaly captain Paraic Sullivan has become the fourth inter-county player this month to fall foul of a season-ending cruciate injury.
Sullivan ruptured his ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) lining out in the Division 4 leaders’ win over Carlow on Sunday.
Tweeting yesterday, he said: “ACL rupture, confirmed this morning.”

Sullivan picked up the injury the same weekend as Eoghan O’Gara was also ruled out for the remainder of the year after doing similar damage to his knee.
They join a list that this month includes Galway’s Colin Forde and Cork hurler Christopher Joyce.

However, former cruciate victim Ciarán Kilkenny is confident Dublin team-mate O’Gara will come back from the same injury better than ever.
Kilkenny, who missed out on last year’s championship after rupturing his cruciate last March, said he was “devastated” for O’Gara.
“I wouldn’t wish that injury on anyone but you look at the likes of Colm O’Neill — he has come back from it three times. So, all I can do is wish Eoghan a speedy recovery. If he puts the work in he’ll be back better than ever.”

Although Kilkenny almost felt “invincible” before the injury he picked up against Kildare in Croke Park, he was philosophical about the setback, reasoning he was due one big injury in his career and reconciling it with the fact he had been playing a lot of football and hurling.
[/I]
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/hurling/paraic-sullivan-latest-to-be-cut-down-by-cruciate-curse-320281.html

Charlie Harrison of Sligo gone for the year with the ACL too.

Think I will go with the Down-Meath game tonight, haven’t got a chance to see Down in action yet this year and they look to be going very well. A win would see them promoted tonight.

Down getting cleaned out in the middle area, kickouts been quite poor so far from Kane.

Dublin struggling to score. Think that is about 5 wides.

Sean Leo is the best wing back in the game after Mone.

Kildare 0-3 Laois 0-3
17 mins gone

Dublin completely off the pace here, Derry finding it so easy to break through the middle. Heavron and Lynn have just ran 40 yards unchallenged in Dublin’s half in the last few minutes.

Very similar Dublin performance to the Tyrone game, they certainly look a bit clueless in how to break Derry down.

I see MacAuley still hasn’t learned how to tackle.

Do Dublin know what a foot pass is?