National Gaelic Football League 2018

The worrying thing for Mayo is they have had a side who won an All Ireland minor and u21 in the past 5 years and it has produced very little at senior level.

Diarmuid O’Connor is really the only player they have produced who has made a real impact for the senior side. Loftus and Coen would be the next best but they’re really just bench players who haven’t done anything to nail a place down in the side.

Football

All Allianz Football League Round 7 matches go ahead as originally scheduled this Sunday.

No date has yet been set for the postponed Allianz Football League Division Two Round 6 matches Down v Tipperary & Louth v Meath; the postponed Allianz Football League Division 4 Round 5 match Laois v Antrim; and the postponed Allianz Football League Division 4 Round 6 matches Waterford v Leitrim & Wicklow v Limerick.

These games will be played on Easter weekend ((Sat March 31/Sunday April 1) if they are required to determine the final positions for their respective Leagues. The CCCC will confirm the remaining dates in due course.

If the finalists for the Allianz Football League Finals are confirmed after the Round 7 fixtures, the finals will go ahead on Easter weekend. If not, then the outstanding games, rather than the League Finals, will take place on Easter weekend with the League Finals on April 7.

Thinly-veiled “hopefully we won’t have to bother”.

Sounds like Limerick v Wicklow won’t be played so.

Reads to me like if any of the divisions are not decided all remaining games will be played weekend of the 1st.

As in, if they need to decide who finishes 4th or 5th?

No I would say just promotion/relegation positions.

So I’d be right in saying Limerick v Wicklow won’t be played. There’s no relegation and neither can be promoted.

On the contrary, if any division is undecided, I’d say all games across all divisions will be played! As they’ll want to play finals in Crocker on the same weekend.

Get them to kick 45s if there in a panic to get the games played.

Prize money for position…

FAO of @Cicero_Dandi, a surprisingly high number of Armagh jerseys spotted by myself in Wexford town tonight. We’re having a few pints in Simon’s Place if you and your gang want to join us ahead of tomrorrow’s eagerly awaited clash in Innovate Wexford Park.

1 Like

Game of the day today no doubt in Fortress Netwatch. Carlow never feared Laois and are on the rise. Time to soften the cough of @Fitzy and @GeoffreyBoycott

Eanna O’Connor (son of Jack) playing for Kildare today

Donegal are awful loose at the back. Loftus winning loads of ball.

Donegal full back line a rabble.

Tipp footballers running amok in Cavan.

Trampish from Boyle.

1 Like

Boyle is lucky to be left on the field. Knew what he was doing. Nasty tackle.