National Hurling League 2015

Twas a nasty stroke alright.

Aside more of the same from Galway, some good, some terrible…
There were a few bits of link up play that looked top class but mostly it was high aimless ball coming into spaces with no maroon jerseys.

All that said, they created 30 or so scoring chances, scored 20 of them and spurned a few more. They also showed great spirit in bringing the game to Tipp in the last quarter.

That 10 minutes after HT is our weak spot though. Clare scored 5 on the trot last week in this period and Tipp went to town in this period today.

Thought Hanbury did reasonably ok in a tough assignment on Callinan.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1096165, member: 686”]Twas a nasty stroke alright.

Aside more of the same from Galway, some good, some terrible…
There were a few bits of link up play that looked top class but mostly it was high aimless ball coming into spaces with no maroon jerseys.

All that said, they created 30 or so scoring chances, scored 20 of them and spurned a few more. They also showed great spirit in bringing the game to Tipp in the last quarter.

That 10 minutes after HT is our weak spot though. Clare scored 5 on the trot last week in this period and Tipp went to town in this period today.

Thought Hanbury did reasonably ok in a tough assignment on Callinan.[/QUOTE]
I’d be worried 3-4 of them won’t be suited to fast ground summer hurling but the forwards are coming along well but Cunningham is getting a tune out of them again which is great to see. 3-4 big players to comeback D Burke, JC and Joseph Cooney. Galway will have the biggest forwards in the championship …do the Burkes tog for Corofin?

Yeah, the likes of Joe Cooney does struggle when the ground gets hard. Daithi is on the Corofin team, I dont think Ronan is involved, he was a sub today.

If like to see Greg Lally get 2-3 games

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1096162, member: 367”]i agree on all that
What McEneaney is up to is going unoticed in hurling, he is trying ti destroy the game, he is a dictator who hates hurling with a nordie inferiority complex and this is how he wants to control it
Tommy Carr should have hit that cunt in 2001
i mean that Laois lad getting sent off last night, shocking[/QUOTE]

And I woudnt’ mind but McEneaney ignored every rule in the book he was in reffing. The refs would be told they had to ref in a particular style & clamp down on certain things. The rest of the refs would do as they were told and get castigated, Pat would referee whatever way he wanted and be lauded as a great “common sense” ref.

So the red was justified was it? I assume you think it was. I don’t and I hope that that type of refereeing doesn’t start creeping into championship hurling because it will destroy what we have.

He nearly took his head off ??

No the first red, the second was a stupid and dangerous pull, Joe will do well to pull on a KK jersey again I’d say

The news seemed to think the sending off was for the first one handed pull on the ball

Is he Derek’s brother?

Does bubbles have Limerick relations?

No, Rower Inistioge man IIRC. Was a fine minor. Has always had a cut about him

Going by Codys reaction he will never be seen again

It was for a reckless one handed pull. It was nowhere near the ball and I assumed the ref sent him off for it due to it being wild and nowhere near the ball. Harsh enough as he managed to hit himself with the follow through

I hate seeing one handed pulls like that and the one Maher pulled on Rice a few years ago. You have absolutely no control over the swing and can do serious damage

Dublin - Cork in Croke Park in two weeks will be interesting. Cunningham v JBM so both will be determined to win that one given the history.

Cork do seem to be in process of developing a game plan at last and it worked on Saturday night. Test for Cork will come against more physically imposing teams and Dublin will put it up to them in that respect.

Dublin seem to be well suited to playing Kilkenny in the League as they are physically strong enough to go toe to toe with them in winter hurling.

it is really competitive now with any of six teams probably feeling that with a break they can win the AI

TG4 highlights show on now.

Just saw the Farrell sending off again. Holy fuck. He hit himself on the leg. Unless there’s something the camera didn’t pick up twas fairly mintal.

Wexford will win the All Ireland SHC.

That was a reckless sending off for the Offaly lad, wild one handed pull across the Wexford lad. Probably more stupid than malicious.

Highlights of the sold out Sigerson Cup on now.

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 1096750, member: 1552”]That was a reckless sending off for the Offaly lad, wild one handed pull across the Wexford lad. Probably more stupid than malicious.

Highlights of the sold out Sigerson Cup on now.[/QUOTE]
Did they show Limerick highlights?