National Hurling League Final 2023 - KK v the Limericks

He wasn’t great in the MF and AI Semi… But the other games, particularly Cork and Waterford, he was every where. The semi final against Waterford the year before he literally covered every blade of grass in Croker. An unsung hero.

:no_mouth::no_mouth:

I’ve never been prouder of you

Yeah, he was probably our best player up until the Tipp game last year and then missed Ennis and had a poor Munster Final.

Never really got going again until the final. But those games where we struggled most, maybe because he wasn’t playing well. It’s such an important role. WOD also struggled at times last year.

1 Like

He’s a third cousin of mine.

1 Like

I was on the receiving end in Nowlan park in 2017… Seething all the way home on the green bus. Demons were exercised today

3 Likes

Yeah, agreed. And I’d say he’d find it hard to temper himself and not go full throttle. But if you could find him peaking later, would obviously be more diserable.

Him doing what he does gives Lynch freedom to do what he does best and WOD then cleaning up and giving the added physical edge in there. Hard bate the distribution the former 2 can offer if operating in tandem

1 Like

Why would you do that? He left a tiddler in on his near side and that finished the game.

2 Likes

Like a few posters here. the ‘immigration issue’ has ruined him

How many all stars has he?

1 Like

That sounds so like Fergie at United. Look after their legacy rather than the club/county

When you see how excellent diarmuid byrnes was today one wonders what the requirement is for all this winter trainer. He’s barely back a month.

His score in the second half off balance was unbelievable. He is only getting back into it now too as you say. What a hurler.

Is there any forwards under the age of 30 who’d actually improve Limerick bar Tony Kelly?

The pick of Leinster wouldn’t beat Limerick. Would any cork or tipp lads get in the team?

Shane O’Brien, Adam English and Donnacha O’Dalaigh. In time they will.

1 Like

This is nonsense.

The Boss/Cody did the best they could for as long as they could. Its not their fault they were excellent managers and the next men in weren’t as good.

It’s a feohanagh thing. Very unassuming and desire for others to succeed

1 Like

You surely accept it was always going to be very difficult to replace Cody? Similar to wenger or fergie

I’d genuinely like to see a best of the rest 15 and compare it to Limerick.

Even when Kilkenny were class you’d plenty of elite level players in other counties.

1 Like

There are barely any good players in the country under 25.

Limerick are lucky their golden generation came at the end of a cycle of golden generations - Kilkenny, Tipp, Clare, Galway.

There was essentially nothing behind the 2017 Limerick Under 21s. Tipp won the next two U20/21 titles and everyone in Tipp will tell you those teams were no good.