National Hurling League Final 2023 - KK v the Limericks

Barry Nash HOTY is back on

1 Like

Only one of those have done back to backs and are classed as golden.

4 Likes

Tipp, Clare and kk best players were hurling in 2013.
Cork still relying on pat Horgan who was there in 2013.

Ciaran Joyce is quality but it’s thin enough.

1 Like

Robbie O’Flynn if he gets back fit is quality.

Cork look to have a bunch of good players coming alright but there isn’t many fellas standing out.

OK. In @Thomas_Brady i trust. I showed a £106
profit last year after cashing out after AIF. Take off my annual Sham Flan bet that’s £86 profit

Golden generations of underage players.

The teams that have won underage titles since have been anything but golden. In fact they’ve been very poor.

Id love to see a Power Rankings of the Top 20 Hurlers in the country in 2013/2014 and the Top 20 Hurlers in the country of 2023.

Yes. But he should have been fucked out in 2017. Genghis Khan had the right idea.

2 Likes

I saw Skehill and Paul Murphy had a go at a 15 to beat Limerick.

Johnny Glynn of New York GAA was full-forward for Skehill

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Joyce is extremely good and is going to get better but under 30 you are thin on the ground.

1 Like

I’m sure Tony Kelly played in 2012 so he must be 29.

Tis a Time Machine you need so you can permanently revert to the past and save the rest of us of here from your “it was so much better back in the day”

5 Likes

Limerick have changed the game forever

Just look at the opening still of this video. Nash is inside his own '65 when Flanagan gets the ball on the wing. Billy Drennan is 5m goalside of him.

5 seconds later, Flanagan is playing the ball inside to Gillane, Nash is about to cross the Kilkenny '45, Drennan is 15m behind him and Lawlor is now the closest defender but Nash is at full pace moving towards goal and Lawlor is only getting turned so it’s advantage Nash really.

But he wants a goal, how many times do you make that run in a game and not get the ball? It’s a fair burst to have to make. He is a corner-back and operates deep mostly but when teams use more defensive systems, he is one of those who can cause havoc if he decides to go and nobody picks him.

Now the ball he ended up getting was kind of shit and it narrowed his angle, but he took it as well as he could, low & hard, a proper finish (Murphy probably should have done better).

6 Likes

Bar you videoing him, i don’t think anyone could believe it was Nash popping up there… Did he finish with 1-1?

1-1 and it should have been 1-2 really, had a wide you’d expect him to score.

He scored a goal against Offaly in the league last year too and I would say he makes at least one off-the-ball lungbursting run like that in every game but doesn’t get the ball in that position.

It’s an interesting attacking option, it’s obviously not something you can rely on as it takes a lot out of him but if he’s clever in his run and the opposition forward is lazy or switched off and there is lots of space to exploit.

2 Likes

Kilkenny have had that trimming coming. They’ve been over-achieving for a year or two with a majority of bang average players.
The likes of Billy Ryan and Deegan would annoy the life out of you with their low skill level but it’s hard to make a case for them to be dropped. The forward subs that came in today were very awfully poor

2 Likes

Barry Nash ventured nonchalantly into foreign territory unchecked and unvetted. The entitlement of these lads to just turn up & expect to get what they want. Eoin Murphy must have been absolutely seething.

8 Likes