Neil Francis

Deary me.
http://balls.ie/news/audio-of-neil-francis-on-newstalk/

Donal Og thread mate.

It deserves a thread of it’s own

This will surely be the end of this uber cunt. :clap:

What else could you expect from these rogbee cunts?

The Ruck Inspector isn’t a fan of Manhole Inspectors

Francis - “I’m actually a big fan of American football so i’ll follow this fella’s career with interest. I haven’t seen the draft, so it’ll be interesting to see who picked him?”

Host - “It hasn’t been made yet.”

Fuck me. :rolleyes:

Larryduff? Let’s hope so.

in all fairness and jokes aside Franno has a point,
You’re gay , so what, why have some fanfare and a 'coming out" cermony?
who the fuck cares if someone is gay or not, but of course if one does not to fawn to the “courage” of the “coming out” then one is deemed to be homophobic… being gay and depressed will be the ultimate fashion accessory soon.
sickening , attention seeking shit and all its doing is promoting homophobia…
did anyone here ever have a “im straight” announcement?
maybe one of the male ice skaters in the olympics might try it

[quote=“mickee321, post: 904506, member: 367”]in all fairness and jokes aside Franno has a point,
who the fuck cares if someone is gay or not, but of course idf one does not to fawn to the “courage” of the “coming out” the one is deemed to be homophobic… being gay and depressed will be the ultimate fashion accessory soon.
sickening , attention seeking shit and all its doing is promoting homophobia[/quote]

Is it not a case of the media causing the hype around it rather than the players that come out?

I wonder would the player’s agent not have some media contacts perhaps, who makes the media aware of these things?

[quote=“mickee321, post: 904506, member: 367”]in all fairness and jokes aside Franno has a point,
who the fuck cares if someone is gay or not, but of course if one does not to fawn to the “courage” of the “coming out” then one is deemed to be homophobic… being gay and depressed will be the ultimate fashion accessory soon.
maybe one of the male ice skaters in the olympics might try it[/quote]

Well said. Its been decriminalised since the early 1990’s so legally we just have to accept that the law now allows for this sort of carry on. Don’t know why they have to be shouting from the rooftops about it all the time though. Whatever they get up to really should be behind closed doors. You think they’d just be content with those gay pride parades and wave their rainbow flags at them. Not a bit of it though, they just seem determined to hijack just about every event going from the Winter Olympics to St Patrick’s Day parades.

Course they do. And I’d see some merit in Francis point about players who are looking at their value to a club or a team. However, he fails to realise that a lot of clubs wouldn’t court publicity so wouldn’t want the hype associated with it.

However, if its one less stigma attached to sport or every day life then it can’t be a bad thing. A lot of his points are just stupid and of no relevance to anything which leads me to think that his Sindo contract is up for renewal soon or he’s trying to whore himself to someone else almost as if he sees someone like say, George Hook or Brent Pope retiring soon.

maybe one of the male ice skaters in the olympics might try it[/quote]

Missing the point a little here mickee. And it is a bit unusual for competing players to come out.

That interviewer is some cocksucker I tell you.

I think it’s fairly obvious that mickee is deliberately missing the point to see what kind of a reaction he can get, as am I with my Manuel Zelaya alter ego.

can someone tell me what is the point im missing?

I believe so Sid. I’m interested to see where he’ll go next.

I think it is important that gay sports people do go public, especially so when they are still playing. By doing so, they normalise it.

I would imagine that there are lots of young sportspeople who suffer mental angst as a result of being gay but are too frightened to announce it due to the unfortunate sigma that it still attaches.

I found Neill Francis’s comments to be ignorant beyond belief.

I can assure you a “coming out” ceremony hosted by News Corporation will not be the direction anyhow… unless of course a costly divorce is on the cards and i need to drum up some green, ill be depressed as well of course and probably neknominated while im at it