Neil Francis

[quote=“Mac, post: 904513, member: 109”]Course they do. And I’d see some merit in Francis point about players who are looking at their value to a club or a team. However, he fails to realise that a lot of clubs wouldn’t court publicity so wouldn’t want the hype associated with it.

[/quote]
Francis implied that Sam was trying to boost his profile and his career by coming out. One only has to look at the example of Jason Collins in the NBA to know that his implication is bullshit.

Mickee showing himself up as a complete hypocrite. He’ll jump on anything to sound controversial.

I’ll spell it out. The reason the famous ( or anyone)cone out, in most cases, is to take a massive weight off their shoulders and to live a normal life. Some also would be thinking of others and about how they know coming out might just make it easier for the unknown gay person as society is so celebrity drawn, a celeb/sports star being gay will make it more acceptable in society.

As for Manuel, I hope you get bitten by a diseased rat today.

Franno has always attracted controversy and divided opinion. This business today is a storm in a tea cup compared to his leaving of Blackrock College to join Old Belvedere in 1993.

Nah Mickee. News corp are only interested in famous lads coming out. Clapped out carkies with a tendency to dehydrate don’t really pull in much interest.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 904547, member: 273”]Mickee showing himself up as a complete hypocrite. He’ll jump on anything to sound controversial.

I’ll spell it out. The reason the famous ( or anyone)cone out, in most cases, is to take a massive weight off their shoulders and to live a normal life. Some also would be thinking of others and about how they know coming out might just make it easier for the unknown gay person as society is so celebrity drawn, a celeb/sports star being gay will make it more acceptable in society.

As for Manuel, I hope you get bitten by a diseased rat today.[/quote]

you’re some clown, kev, calling people a hypocrite on the internet probably sums up where you are mentally, you are a easily led fool with a simplistic view of life, id say women would refer to your naivety as “cute”
You know all the reasons dont you, reading from a menu you wrote yourself,
These “showbiz” style announcements seem to me to have other motives apart from getting a weight off one’s shoulders, so what the guy is gay, so fucking what?, who the fuck cares.?
Stories like this are doing nothing but alienating gay people, making it appear like something not normal or weird that requires an announcement… i find it completly fucked up

@Sidney, please fuck off with this shit.

@Sidney, please fuck off with this shit.

Franno, Gerry Thornley and Fester would be some combination on Wednesday night rugby

Has Thornley ever played rugby or even been a member of a club? The Paper of Record lacks a real voice of authority on rugby matters. There’s a Liam Toland who provides ‘expert analysis’ on international rugby. What kind of expert analysis can Toland impart when he was never capped at international level?

I remember reading on here years back that the biggest reason for calls to the Samaritans is young lads who think they are gay. Who could blame them? We live in a terribly homophobic society.

I have great respect for people who come out as being gay. The easier thing may well be to deny it but by publically announcing it they are making a public declaration of who they are. Hopefully other people will get courage from that and stay away from other nasty thoughts.

To compare it to a straight person ‘coming out’ is simply retarded.

Francis’ statement doesn’t surprise me in the slightest.

Thornley’s subscription to Midi Olympique , the print media of record with respect to the top quatorze sets him apart

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 904569, member: 24”]I remember reading on here years back that the biggest reason for calls to the Samaritans is young lads who think they are gay. Who could blame them? We live in a terribly homophobic society.

I have great respect for people who come out as being gay. The easier thing may well be to deny it but by publically announcing it they are making a public declaration of who they are. Hopefully other people will get courage from that and stay away from other nasty thoughts.

To compare it to a straight person ‘coming out’ is simply retarded.

Francis’ statement doesn’t surprise me in the slightest.[/quote]

do you believe that a “coming out” as you put it is necessary for one to prove they are gay?
its not possible just to live a happy life as a gay person without this event, to earn “respect” as you put it
jesus christ… this is what is causing the problem in the first place

[quote=“mickee321, post: 904558, member: 367”]you’re some clown, kev, calling people a hypocrite on the internet probably sums up where you are mentally, you are a easily led fool with a simplistic view of life, id say women would refer to your naivety as “cute”
You know all the reasons dont you, reading from a menu you wrote yourself,
These “showbiz” style announcements seem to me to have other motives apart from getting a weight off one’s shoulders, so what the guy is gay, so fucking what?, who the fuck cares.?
Stories like this are doing nothing but alienating gay people, making it appear like something not normal or weird that requires an announcement… i find it completly fucked up[/quote]

That is up there with the stupidest post ever on this site. You are outdoing yourself lately. The indignation you show on the Donal Og thread to this. It’s hilarious hypocrisy, but carry on.

[quote=“mickee321, post: 904571, member: 367”]do you believe that a “coming out” as you put it is necessary for one to prove they are gay?
its not possible just to live a happy life as a gay person without this event, to earn “respect” as you put it
jesus christ… this is what is causing the problem in the first place[/quote]

So if the gays just kept to themselves and didn’t bother the rest of us with the thoughts of their carry on then nobody would hate them or vilify them? It would save the fathers everywhere the embarrassment as well I suppose?
It’s this simple, you don’t have the emotional maturity or intelligence to process that people are different and they choose to show it or discuss it. That’s a concern for your kid more than anyone, but never the less I suggest you come back to the conversation when you have matured a little. Cos you are not able for it now. And if that sounds dismissive,well it’s meant to.

You’d never see any of this sodomite carry on in the rugby playing private schools.

[quote=“mickee321, post: 904571, member: 367”]do you believe that a “coming out” as you put it is necessary for one to prove they are gay?
jesus christ… this is what is causing the problem in the first place[/quote]

One thing is for sure mickee is definitely not on a wind up. He actually believes this. Anyone who thinks he’s pulling the piss obviously lives on some liberal dream world where real people do not have opinions like this.
It’s similar to the ‘they call us white bastards what’s wrong with me calling them black bastards’ opinion.

Ahem! Not for me to be corrective, but it goes: stupid, more stupid, most stupid. I don’t think stupidest is actually a word.
In all the people you “know” have you ever encountered a qualified English teacher, or paid attention to them.

You’re a sanctamonious, pompous ass-hole.

Rant over.

[quote=“Boxtyeater, post: 904592, member: 246”]Ahem! Not for me to be corrective, but it goes: stupid, more stupid, most stupid. I don’t think stupidest is actually a word.
In all the people you “know” have you ever encountered a qualified English teacher, or paid attention to them.

You’re a sanctamonious, pompous ass-hole.

Rant over.[/quote]

It is a word, a superlative adjective. I’ll send you on my English teachers number to help you out with your understanding of correction and the use of the adjective “corrective”.

Did you read the volume of alcohol on the bottle upside down or something? Cos you seem a bit drinker that you might think yourself.

[quote=“Tabby, post: 904589, member: 2142”]One thing is for sure mickee is definitely not on a wind up. He actually believes this. Anyone who thinks he’s pulling the piss obviously lives on some liberal dream world where real people do not have opinions like this.
It’s similar to the ‘they call us white bastards what’s wrong with me calling them black bastards’ opinion.[/quote]

Oh absolutely. I’m surrounded by them. They still interchange paedophilia and homosexuality here in WA regularly. Nothing surprises me.

:smiley: