Neil Francis

Frano made his comments on a podcast called “The Left Wing”, which is rather ironic.

He is a good and entertaining rugby writer but has quietly built up a considerable body of evidence to suggest he has a very nasty, reactionary, right wing worldview, a trait he has in common with with at least a couple of other high profile current/former Irish rugby pundits.

Could it be ignorance to his background on Francis’ behalf?

I have never heard of that term before.

I’d say Frano is from the type of social circle where your background determines whether you can enter the clique or not. One of these types who would be having a whiskey and a cigar in the drawing room with the goys while the women are in another room.

I’d say he is a bit of a cunt but unlike a lot of ex player journalists he is well able to write.

Would you ever fuck off with this right wing crap. Next You’ll be holding it against lads named to play on the right wing for their teams next.

Franno’s getting cancelled.

I won’t “fuck off” with it. Right wing worldviews are harmful at every level in society.

Francis has built up a litany of these sort of comments. He questioned the motives of the American football player Michael Sam for coming out as gay, stereotyped about gay people in general and appeared to endorse abuse of any players who came out as gay,

During the height of the controversy around the Jackson/Olding rape trial he wrote the following in reference to Italy. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Then in December 2018 he blamed Colin Kaepernick for Kaepernick being frozen out of the NFL and displayed the sort of “understanding” of the racial situation in America you’d expect from a particular US-based poster here.

All of this stuff is inherently tied to having a reactionary, right-wing worldview, it’s inseparable.

You just don’t need to bring it into every thread. Some of us come on here for an escape. Not to just read about right wing extremists.

2 Likes

He faces getting Hooked now.

When I heard it I immediately thought of the memes calling Donald Trump an oompah lumpa.

Fortunately for Franno his readers are mostly as bad as him and won’t give a fuck. He could get away with this pretty easy if he just said he didn’t know the player’s background

Franno is a complete cunt.

1 Like

Neil Francis has displayed these right wing sneering tendancies for years. The truth eventually catches up with everyone.

2 Likes

that’s what I thought, then I googled Marcus Smith, fuck sake Frano

The reason right wing extremism gets mentioned so much is because right wing extremism has seeped into so many areas of society. When right wing extremism winds itself up, it’ll stop getting mentioned.

You are not the speech police or the tone police.

I suspect franno didn’t know he was half Filipino (I didn’t), and thought he’d been on the sunbed like that Welsh lad.

1 Like

I’d imagine Franno believed he was engaged in harmless locker room banter

Ok fair enough but you are much more enjoyable discussing gaa or soccer than this sort of stuff. It can become tiresome at times.

There are many posters on this site I find very tiresome. It’s not my place to judge whether they should post or not based on them being tiresome.

He probably thought Marcus Smith was a Gavin Henson type of character

3 Likes