Netflix

it needed saying in fairness

Theyā€™re at it over on the TV Shows thread as well.
Bringing out their pawns.

Choking their bishops

I prefer a bit of YouPawn to Pawnhub myself.

2 Likes

First one was good. Iā€™ll have to get the next two.

1 Like

Netflix coming out strong in 2021

When I was in school there was a chess club that met every lunch time. There was a lad in it from a year or two above that went around in a wheelchair. He would leave the wheelchair at the side of the desk and then lift himself into a normal chair.

Me and another lad wanted a go in the wheelchair so we joined the chess club. We would spend the lunch time betting on who could do the most laps of the classroom on two wheels while the nerds played away.

I cant play chess to this day but I reckon Id still be shit hot at doing wheelies in a wheelchair.

5 Likes

Back in the game. Some Columbian chap obviously under the influence of the local army fuel who had absolutely no interest in winning.

1 Like

I watched the first episode of the night stalker there on netflix itā€™s a four part true crime documentary, the first episode was very good with in depth present day interviews with the two retired detectives who investigated the case. Iā€™m not sure how new this is to Netflix but I hadnā€™t noticed it before.

Hitlerā€™s Circle of Evil doc on Netflix is brilliant.

You can spot loads of Hess, Goebbels, Goerrings and Bormanns on this forum but I donā€™t think we have any proper Hitlers.

1 Like

Itā€™s very good. Striking what fucking geeks and weirdos some of them were. Himmler especially, personified ā€˜the banality of evilā€™.

1 Like

Finally watched the first Karate Kid film last night. The Mrs says I can progress to Cobra Kai without watching II/III

1 Like

Daniel was the bully. Discuss.

He was a bit of a dick throughout, and remains so.
It is also a serious contender for the absolutely worst film ever to achieve a level of popularity

1 Like

I thought it was a decent, if pretty stupid, film. Entertaining. Iā€™d never seen it before. I think I might have seen a small bit of the second one, cos I was caught on the hop when this one was set in California.

Will start into the Cobra Kai in next few days and see if itā€™s any good

Itā€™s much much better than the film.

• You will have to watch Part 2 before starting season 3.

many have Chozen this path

1 Like

Smokey and the Bandit up there. Must have rented that out on video 6 times when I was a kid. Canā€™t wait to watch it again