Netflix

After the game, my opponent asked me ‘whose opening moves were those?’. I hadn’t a fucking clue what he was going on about. I only realised years later that the chess lads learn off by heart the moves of the chess masters.

4 Likes

Surprised @balbec folded so quickly.

I played chess when I was a chap; I’d a lovely green and white wooden chess box and pieces. Watching The Queen’s Gambit brought a yearning to whip it out again. Then I remembered there are about 100 things I’d like to do with my spare time ahead of playing chess, and about 500 other things I don’t want to do, but should be doing, and I haven’t thought about chess since.

1 Like

Chess used to be very popular when I was at school. I had a reasonable claim at being the second best player…we had no idea there were such things as openings etc. I unsuccessfully played the best player a couple of times a week for the best part of a year. I finally had the fucker out-moved, out-thought and out-manned…then the other lad who had a reasonable claim on the second best title flicked the board in the air, and that was that. We all knew where the pieces where etc but the champ claimed otherwise.
The sense of injustice, rage and frustration stays with me to this day… overshadowing even the county and ulster senior club championship medals I’d won a couple of years earlier

5 Likes

I was on the chess team in Gonzaga. I would walk all over ye cunts.

8 Likes

I’ve won five in a row now. Last two lads resigned.

1 Like

Intersterller (i know not on netfix) is the greatest movie with your kids of all time

I suppose the interjections of “your move cnut” helped them concede.

3 Likes

You must be eating those tranquilizers like smarties

I’m reading that post as

e4 e5 2. f4 exf4 3. Bc4 Qh4+ 4. Kf1 b5 5. Bxb5 Nf6 6. Nf3 Qh6 7. d3 Nh5 8. Nh4 Qg5 9. Nf5 c6 10. g4 Nf6 11. Rg1 cxb5 12. h4 Q

3 Likes

You need a bigger ceiling

1 Like

Those city of London interbank competitions are the most ultra-competitive circle jerks outside the Leinster schools senior cup. Type A.

Ah lovely.
I’m perturbed that you actually typed all that out though.

Watching Cobra Kai, which is currently finally addressing the running sore that the karate kid was a cunt.

3 Likes

He was a jerk.

He’s more likeable in cobra Kai.

Chess.com is a disaster site. I’m 1400 on Lichess, much better site.

What’s the difference.

I accidentally check Mated a Yank last night on chess.com and went to bed sated.

It’s like a less physical jiu jitsu but just as exhausting.

Its just a cleaner, better organised site imo.

1 Like

Get a room lads. This is the Netflix thread.

1 Like