Netflix

Just watched it Saturday night.One of the finest movies ever made.Cast (47) Tom Berenger. Sgt. Barnes. Keith David. King. Willem Dafoe. Sgt. Elias. Forest Whitaker. Francesco Quinn. Rhah. Kevin Dillon. Bunny. John C. McGinley. Sgt. Oā€™Neill. Mark Moses. Lt. Wolfe. Corey Glover. Johnny Depp. Lerner. Chris Pedersen. Crawford. Bob Orwig. Gardner. Corkey Ford. Manny. David Neidorf.

1 Like

I donā€™t like Oliver Stone as a director so I shouldnā€™t bother with this Iā€™d say.

Overrated. Full metal jacket and hamburger hill far superior movies from the era and genre

1 Like

Full metal jacket is one of the most overrated movies of all time. Private fucking pile,for fuck sake.

Platoon. William Defoe, tour de France

2 Likes

Ah come on. No movie has a better cache of great lines than Jacket.

2 Likes

A few good lines does not a movie make

It tails off in a few places right enough, but itā€™s a great movie - loads of great lines, perfect photography and brilliant set pieces delivered by a perfect cast.
What is your major malfunction numb nuts?

1 Like

The Norsemen is top, top class. 2 series, 6 episodes in each, 30mins long. Funniest original series Iā€™ve watched on Netflix.

1 Like

The first half of Full Metal Jacket is good, then it just becomes an average Vietnam war film.

Platoon is different gravy. One of the best war films of all time

3 Likes

Go way outta that.

Exactly, FMJ falls off a cliff after the midway point

Platoon is quality throughout

1 Like

I watched Hamburger Hill recently for the first time in about 20 years ---- it hasnt aged well at all.

Platoon is as good now as it was back when it came out ā€“ a top, top movie.

1 Like

Have you ever seen Salvador?

Itā€™s top notch.

Jacket contains scene after scene that are quotable, memorable and which have become part of Western culture. Posters quote it on tfk without even referencing the film.
I canā€™t think of a standout line from platoon, the cast is made up of a bunch of peripatetic Hollywood actors, the script is pedantic enough, and some of it is ott for a serious movie. The Barber score at the end lifts it and saves it.
Jacket it etched on your brain, whether you like it or not.
That said, if you want to see a war movie:
Come and See https://g.co/kgs/1p6Xqs

2 Likes

Nope.

Check it out bro.

Sā€™all good, man!

2 Likes

Sā€™all good man!

Season 4 BCS is excellent, as good as anything breaking bad had.

1 Like

Yes and no. Great stuff though

1 Like