Netflix

yep, recommended it a few weeks ago, onto series 4 now.

good show and some savage women on it

2 Likes

Just started this. Love it.

1 Like

dont bother with the Season 5. Goes to absolute shite. Was good for first 4 seasons but loses its way big time it its final series.

Last season of House of Cards is a waste of time, just became even more ridiculous as it went on.

Great show that went on about two seasons too long.

I suffered through two episodes. Hopeless.

I stuck it out to the bitter end, pure rubbish though. Frank made the show, was always going to fall off a cliff without him.

Hopefully Narcos Mexico won’t be a let down.

Also watched that 22 July film based on the Anders Breivik attack in Norway. Fairly grim as you’d expect but a decent watch all the same.

I gave up on that house of cards early in season three I think it was. I pride myself on my ability to be able to give up on something reasonably early when it becomes apparent I don’t enjoy it and am happy to cut my ties with it rather than be bound to finishing something to the bitter end out of loyalty/stubbornness or whatever. Off the top of my head I’ve given up on all these shows early and don’t know how they’ve finished, despite investing a fair level of viewing time into each: House of cards, the walking dead, the deuce, designated survivor, the strain, the west wing which by the way is the worst shit I’ve ever watched that had a big profile. I can’t get my head around fellas watching those shows to the end.

8 Likes

West Wing was a pile of cheesy, sentimental aul scutter.

Perfect for the snowflakes.

It was recommended to me on here last week, I watched 2.5 episodes and that was enough.

Another crock of shit was “Outlander” terrible shite. It only got interested when your wan started taking her kit off. And that wasn’t enough to hold the interest. The wife is watching “Doc Martin” on Netflix these days. Passes an hour.

I couldn’t get my head around the west wing.purre scutter

Ye must be in ye’re 70s.

3 Likes

Feels like that sometimes.

The left wing

The West Wing hasn’t aged great. The idea of a president constantly trying to do the right thing, working with republicans on important issues etc. it all looks so quaint now :grinning:

Whose your man here who loves the west wing and says it’s the greatest show ever made? Is he from Laois or somewhere awful like that? :grin:

2 Likes

There’s a podcast out there now, called The West Wing Weekly. It’s going through the snow episode by episode, Joshua Molina is one of the guys on it. The tie ins with some of the episodes with Trump is amusing. They recently had the episode where they were appointing Supreme Court Justice at the exact time the Kavanaugh thing was going on. Quite an idealized version alright in comparison.

It was a good show in it’s time to be fair. Events have made it look a bit silly now

The internet doesnt allow for nice safe shows like that anymore