New jersey in GAA

I would at least hope the lovely Niamh Lyons will be posing in the green jersey (fitted version) closer to the time.

http://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/boxing/ireland-boxing-ria-fzip-track-top.html

I was very enamoured with the O’Neills boxing wear that the Irish team were wearing at the Euros there. I’d buy this tracksuit-top but I’d be afraid some lad would think I can actually box and take a swing at me. It hasn’t really been tested, but I wouldn’t imagine I have a great jaw.

You’d be safe in Offaly with it on Thrawneen. Probably best to chance getting a box in the head elsewhere though.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 793104, member: 129”]http://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/boxing/ireland-boxing-ria-fzip-track-top.html

I was very enamoured with the O’Neills boxing wear that the Irish team were wearing at the Euros there. I’d buy this tracksuit-top but I’d be afraid some lad would think I can actually box and take a swing at me. It hasn’t really been tested, but I wouldn’t imagine I have a great jaw.[/quote]
Wouldn’t lads be more inclined to not take a swing at you if they thought you could box?

Well I’m always told that lads who like a scrap tend to take a swing at big fellas outside a chipper or in a niteklub or wherever. The challenge of the whole thing I’m sure they find invigorating. So I’d say some scumbag would only love to see a lad like me in a boxing top and have a go.

I’m a thrawneen so I’ve pretty much been left alone for the most part up to now. I’d be happy to keep it that way.

Not sure I’d like to see that - she’s a pretty big unit.

Not a jersey.

Neither were the wife beaters

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 793104, member: 129”]http://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/boxing/ireland-boxing-ria-fzip-track-top.html

I was very enamoured with the O’Neills boxing wear that the Irish team were wearing at the Euros there. I’d buy this tracksuit-top but I’d be afraid some lad would think I can actually box and take a swing at me. It hasn’t really been tested, but I wouldn’t imagine I have a great jaw.[/quote]

Only spotted this now-I was also taken by those tops. Where would you be able to pick one up in shops I wonder? I can never trust the sizes-why can’t all clothes manufacturers use the same fucking sizes?

Btw, why is the price of an Ireland top advertised on O’Neills displayed as sterling?

[quote=“Horsebox, post: 797055, member: 1537”]

Btw, why is the price of an Ireland top advertised on O’Neills displayed as sterling?[/quote]
Really?

I asked 3 questions in that post-I was hoping when I saw a reply that at least 1 of them might be answered.

You don’t know why an Ulster based company might display its prices in GBP?

Really?

Apart from that head into the factory stores and they’ll fix you up.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 797079, member: 180”]You don’t know why an Ulster based company might display its prices in GBP?

Really?

Apart from that head into the factory stores and they’ll fix you up.[/quote]

Where would they be located mate?

[quote=“Horsebox, post: 797055, member: 1537”]Only spotted this now-I was also taken by those tops. Where would you be able to pick one up in shops I wonder? I can never trust the sizes-why can’t all clothes manufacturers use the same fucking sizes?

Btw, why is the price of an Ireland top advertised on O’Neills displayed as sterling?[/quote]

Could give the Elverys at Croke Park a ring, or else try the O’Neills outlet store that’s on the outskirts of Dublin somewhere. Can’t trust the sizes is right. I bought a “small” version of the 80s Irish jersey on the website and the thing was swimming on me. Sold it to a mate who’d usually wear a large and it fitted him perfectly.

Walkinstown Avenue Dublin but the better ones are sadly up north, Strabane, Newry, Falls Rd. Still, the one off the Long Miler can be useful for bits and bobs and some decent seconds which are grand and handy for training.

Which jersey? Was it the Euro 88 one? I had one stolen from me while playing an U-11 soccer match when I was a young lad-it is still up there as one of the worst things that ever happened to me.

Nah, the pinstripe jersey they re-issued a while back. Didn’t mind too much as it wasn’t made like the original cotton jersies. I’ll get one of them eventually. I got a Euro 88 shirt on Ebay for around 45. Always worth a trawl there once a week.

http://thedailyshift.com/2013/08/28/gaa-jersey-rankings-monaghan-come-out-on-top/

Shocking anti-New York bias. That undermines the entire article.