New Limerick Senior Hurling Manager

Ger Cunningham to be appointed tomorrow, along with Donal Og as hurling coach. Chocolate Mice called the latter position as far back as August.

I wish them well.

You’d imagine Paul Kinneck was asked to come into the fold, but why would a Limerick intercounty Footballer give up on the Clare hurling team?

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 852799, member: 1796”]Ger Cunningham to be appointed tomorrow, along with Donal Og as hurling coach. Chocolate Mice called the latter position as far back as August.

I wish them well.

You’d imagine Paul Kinneck was asked to come into the fold, but why would a Limerick intercounty Footballer give up on the Clare hurling team?[/quote]

What I take from this is that there’s a massive struggle behind the scenes for Kinnerk. Please expand on this point, @Mark Renton.

A veritable tug of war between the two superpowers of Munster hurling is unfolding as we speak.

Is that Ger Cunningham the former Cork goalkeeper or is there a Limerick native Ger Cunningham who’s been involved in coaching circles?

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 852799, member: 1796”]Ger Cunningham to be appointed tomorrow, along with Donal Og as hurling coach. Chocolate Mice called the latter position as far back as August.

I wish them well.

You’d imagine Paul Kinneck was asked to come into the fold, but why would a Limerick intercounty Footballer give up on the Clare hurling team?[/quote]

Ge Cunningham Cork?

V embarrassing for JBM if so considering he’s announced as selector for next season!

Be interesting to see how Ger Cunningham gets on as a manager. He is a highly respected coach but a manager requires a much different skill set. Having Donal Og as coach is a good move. The latter will make a top manager in my opinion.

[quote=“dancarter, post: 852823, member: 122”]Ge Cunningham Cork?

V embarrassing for JBM if so considering he’s announced as selector for next season![/quote]

That was a mistake by all accounts.

Great news for Linerick. Amazing amount of high level coaches all from one St. Fin bares hurling team.

They’ll get the best out of ye anyway.

Ger Cunnigham who managed Newtown?

Barrs Ger Cunningham.

Money talks, but it don’t sing and dance and it don’t walk… forever in blue jeans.

Did he sign a 1 year contract like the other yahoos?

[quote=“dancarter, post: 852823, member: 122”]Ge Cunningham Cork?

V embarrassing for JBM if so considering he’s announced as selector for next season![/quote]
Not the first to have their eyes wiped by JP’s cash and the allure of a Limerick lady.

@laherne95: Wonder if the latest twist about the limerick set up for next year is true… If so then 2 opposition counties affected for Limericks gain!!”

:eek:

[quote=“glasagusban, post: 852976, member: 1533”]“@laherne95: Wonder if the latest twist about the limerick set up for next year is true… If so then 2 opposition counties affected for Limericks gain!!”

:eek:[/quote]

He’s read this thread set up by Rents so.

Hello there Liam. wave

The Echo here in Cork are saying TJ Ryan as manager for Limerick

[quote=“Bandage, post: 852979, member: 9”]He’s read this thread set up by Rents so.

Hello there Liam. wave[/quote]

:cool:

A few whispers about Alan Curbishley getting the job in the pub last night.

:smiley:
Is Peter Taylor available?

Kinnerk just tweeted he is joining the coaching staff and looking forward to working with Ger and Donal!! Oh.my.god. :eek:

:o https://twitter.com/kinnerker/status/315516696561590272