New Newstalk line up

FFS, Ebeneezer makes more than that.

3 Likes

All their Presenters are hoping mad over the Water charges. Listen later on when Chris Donaghue is on and he will spend the whole show moaning that he paid his water bill. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that a paycut on what RTE were paying him?

I take it he gets another pay check from TV3 on top of this as well for his show on there.

Either way I don’t think he’ll be heading to a soup kitchen on Christmas Eve

This is Pat Kenny, I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets all his meals in the soup kitchen to save a few pence.

2 Likes

PK is crafty and would wear a disguise in such circumstances. Possibly the skin of that old woman he sued over a field.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t put it past him.

He has an illegimate son in Tipperary who he has never recognised yet he went to war with a neighbour over a few Badgers.

5 Likes

Jonathan Healy was complaining about water charges on twitter yesterday and got roasted from all comers.

1 Like

They can expect a writ for slander.

Wouldn’t hold that against him. I’d disown a legit Tipp squire never mind an illegitimate one.

5 Likes

The kind of nuanced, almost sly way the Denis O’Brien owned or controlled entities like Newstalk and INM are reporting his evidence at the High Court today is very transparent. The headlines on their websites amuse me in following the “repeat his utterance as fact” approach before adding in a “court told” or “court hears” at the end.

“Denis O’Brien received death threats after banking affairs revealed in the Dáil, court told” - Newstalk

“Dáil Committee did not ‘properly’ probe complaint about comments made by two TDs - Denis O’Brien tells High Court” - INM

Maybe I’m just paranoid though.

2 Likes

He’s on one again about water is Chris

I think 300 k on the nose was Gerry Ryan.

7 Likes

That’s a cracking post.

Indeed, it’s look at us we are reporting it so we aren’t biased but then you read it and it’s a subtle defence of him. Just shows the power of media and how you report a story

I know a man whos friendly with a guy who was high up in one of the media organisations O’Brien took over. He left after 6 months as he couldnt stick the people O’Brien had put on the board and their agenda.

That never happened.