New Server

[quote=“therock67”]Can you try Flano’s suggestion Dan.

And restart your modem and router and everything that could possibly be related to your web connection.[/quote]

I would if I knew how. I can just about work the internet.

Flano, any chance youd put up step by step guide and I can try to sort it out later?

Go to: Start
Choose: Run
Type: cmd and hit enter

In the box that appears type: ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter

Sin .

[I]vBulletin Message

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else’s post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Password:

Forgotten Your Password? Remember Me?

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page. [/I]

Rocks I’m still getting the above after my log in welcome mat.

It took at least 10 attempts to log in successfully just now.

Right, that’s a bit weird.

Anyone else getting the same problem?

I’ll have a look at that MGG but unlikely I’ll be able to fix it anytime in the next 30 hours because I won’t be at my home PC in that time.

[quote=“therock67”]Right, that’s a bit weird.

Anyone else getting the same problem?

I’ll have a look at that MGG but unlikely I’ll be able to fix it anytime in the next 30 hours because I won’t be at my home PC in that time.[/quote]

No worries Rocks.
Its the same / similar process for being banned.
I’m used to it.

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]No worries Rocks.
Its the same / similar process for being banned.
I’m used to it.[/quote]

Only happens to bold people.

are you sure?:smiley:

So I’v heard anyway.

Rocko,

I’m still getting that new server message when I try to Log in from home. I’ve tried restarting routers, modems, clearing the cache etc. but it’s still not working. That dns flush thing flano suggested doesn’t work for me either.

Any suggestions?

[quote=“Fran”]Rocko,

I’m still getting that new server message when I try to Log in from home. I’ve tried restarting routers, modems, clearing the cache etc. but it’s still not working. That dns flush thing flano suggested doesn’t work for me either.

Any suggestions?[/quote]

MIne was grand the other night when I went home, didtne ven have to use rocks advice. maybe just a case of sitting it out Francis

on your rec I downloaded safari last night. how is it bettert, how do I make best use of it

[quote=“Fran”]Rocko,

Any suggestions?[/quote]

You’d think I’d have some idea but I’m stumped.

At the moment the address just forwards here from the old address so it’s probably more prone to lags than a full changeover.

The process for actually physically moving the hosting of thefreekick.com name and linking it directly to the correct servers has begun. When that’s finished there’ll be no more problems, in the meantime I haven’t a clue.

No worries Rock. I’ll sit it out until the changeover is complete

Wahey!!!

Did it only start working for you tonight?

Domain transferred to new ownership this evening but I assumed the short-term problems had ironed themselves out by then.

[quote=“therock67”]Did it only start working for you tonight?

Domain transferred to new ownership this evening but I assumed the short-term problems had ironed themselves out by then.[/quote]

It’s the first time i’ve tried it from home since last thursday but it could have been working all weekend.

I was too busy in Paris rejecting runts marraige proposal

[quote=“Fran”]It’s the first time i’ve tried it from home since last thursday but it could have been working all weekend.

I was too busy in Paris rejecting runts marraige proposal[/quote]

You wish

Indeed i do

You probably would have had a better chance of Fran saying yes anyway Runt…

We’ll never know pukey…