New Server

Something Ive just noticed. When I remove “www.” from a page link it seems to work (hopefully I’m onto something)

Right, this aint much use to anyone who cant get on here but a way to clear out your DNS cache is to go to command prompt or go to run -> type cmd and then type ipconfig /flushdns.

When I did this it finally sorted things out.

Thanks for that Flano. Spent the last while trying to log onto the old site to change the front page message with that instruction and some others but of course I can’t get onto that site anymore.

I can get onto the site intermittently. Was on from about 4.30-9.30 this evening and then couldn’t get back in until now.
Kept getting the page with Sunday’s message on it.
Very strange

WBY

Feck, seems to be a bit of a mess alright.

I suppose try Flano’s trick above. The actual hosting of the name is moving too so when that takes place (it hasn’t started yet) it will solve the problems finally.

[quote=“therock67”]Feck, seems to be a bit of a mess alright.

I suppose try Flano’s trick above. The actual hosting of the name is moving too so when that takes place (it hasn’t started yet) it will solve the problems finally.[/quote]

Funny- I could still also access via blackberry

I’ve had no problems at all lads

That’s debatable.

Wahey

Slurp Slurp

Been chatting to NCC over on thehuddleboard and he tells me he can’t get access to here at the moment and he’s disappointed as he has some interesting GAA/GGA observations to make.

Did you tell him what to do to get it sorted then?

Rock,

I can get access from work but at home I’m still getting the “we have changed servers message” at home. Is there anything I should do to get access at home?

I suggest reading back through this thread TT :wink:

[quote=“Flano”]Right, this aint much use to anyone who cant get on here but a way to clear out your DNS cache is to go to command prompt or go to run -> type cmd and then type ipconfig /flushdns.

When I did this it finally sorted things out.[/quote]

Flano,

I’m a simpleton with these matters.

Where is command prompt?

Its probably easier to just go to the Start menu, then select “Run…”
Then
Type cmd.

Then the cmd promt window will pop up.

alright…cheers Flano, ya Legend.

I am in the clear, no problem for a whole day.

Thanks for that Flano - I’ve no way of posting those on the old site because I can’t get there anymore unfortunately. But hopefully that does the trick for people.

Oh and the removing “www” part is probably helpful too because the addresses are mapped separately.

[quote=“tipptops*”]Rock,

I can get access from work but at home I’m still getting the “we have changed servers message” at home. Is there anything I should do to get access at home?[/quote]

Ditto

Can you try Flano’s suggestion Dan.

And restart your modem and router and everything that could possibly be related to your web connection.