New York City the greatest city on earth

You didn’t find the segregation any bit disconcerting?

Enjoy

1 Like

No mate. I just minded my business and interacted with anyone I came across, spent my money and thoroughly enjoyed it any time I was there.

1 Like

I found it very striking anyway, especially when you drive past the townships just outside. I wouldn’t go back there.

Poverty is a fact of life. Have you ever been to East brooklyn, the South bronx or finglas?

I’ve been to lots of places. I found it striking that I saw fewer black people in bars in Cape town than i would in Dublin. And that so many people live such a fantastic life right next to so many more in abject poverty and that it’s almost completely divided along racial lines.

1 Like

You’ll improve the lot of the poor by not spending money there alright.
Never saw many black people in irish bars in New York.

I never suggested that I would.

But you won’t go back because there weren’t enough black lads in the bars you frequented on the waterfront.

2 Likes

There’s not many countries I would go that far to visit a second time. I was there for a few weeks and I thought the disparity between the rich a poor along race lines was shocking. I found the racism from the whites quite overt still too, I was told by the owner of one guesthouse “say what you like about apartheid but at least the trains ran on time.” So yeah I’d have no interest to go back ahead of visiting a new country. I wouldn’t buy SA wine either, the work practices in a lot of their vineyards is sick, paying employees in wine and things like that.

Check in mate

I sometimes wonder if you don’t over think things. You also need to understand that the white south Africans were in large part reared by racist parents in a racist society, and are now heavily discriminated against. It’s not right, but it’s moving in the general right direction if you can square the “positive discrimination” circle. I love the place.

Ah they are not heavily discriminated against would you ever go away out of it.

He’s used to that in Diddlesbury. He lives in the “top peoples” estate.

1 Like

Yes they are.

1 Like

Remind me, how many thousand square* feet is your new house again?

Fishy fishy

Dodgy dodgy

The rich educated people with all the money and land that they accumulated during apartheid are discriminated against? How so?

You obviously just hung around with the metropolitan elite. I didn’t meet any of them.