New York City the greatest city on earth

ā€œah we got fucked one night with afew Kerry boys, jesus they were mad craic, mad for the hurling, I was dying for a week after itā€ :joy:

1 Like

The fact that I enjoyed 2 hours in an Irish pub in NYC out of 5 days is actually getting you off more then your wife has since the New Year Iā€™d say.

Mad fucker.

Heā€™s a wanker and tries to act the big man. Ignore him pal

2 Likes

:smile:

ā€˜Unreal holiday, went up the empire state on the first day and canā€™t remember the next 3 from being out of my head in Maggie Malones taking shit and playing the pogues on the jukebox. Savage holidayā€™

1 Like

down to Paddy Oā€™Flahertys for the carvery and the match then at 10 in the morning, itwas mad craic so it was, just like being at home :smile:

1 Like

:joy:

ā€™ the bottles of Heineken in Paddys were only 2 dollars on Sunday morning if you had a limerick Jersey on. We drank the fuckers dry that day. And we got lost coming back in the subway. Savage craicā€™

2 Likes

In fairness Iā€™d rather talk to some roaster from West Clare than talk to Americans. A horribly annoying shower of people

All 320 million of them.
Youā€™re one dumb cunt.

5 Likes

All the ones Iā€™ve encountered yes

Owner from Longford I was told this eve. I have a vague feeling Iā€™m after being mugged off good and proper.

2 Likes

ffs, heā€™ll be from whatever County you want him to be from, as long as you are spending money

A real hurling stronghold.

I think you night be getting that mixed up with your BBWā€™s mate.

Signing out from the greatest city on earth, might be my last time. Got into a row over politics with a Dept of Homeland Security agent in the pub last night. Sheā€™d put @ProjectX to shame, she was crazy, but also crazy-hot. Sheā€™ll have me on a watchlist in the morning :grin:
Burned a grand off the balance on 5th Ave this afternoon, Iā€™ll be the only roaster tipping around West Clare in all-Uniqlo clobber this spring/summer. Was in Wilf & Nellā€™s last night too @briantinnion , a grand spot.

11 Likes

Iā€™m heading home for a ā€˜longā€™ weekend. Fucking pumped. Debating heading to Yankee Stadium for La Galaxy @ NYC FC to cheer on Irelandā€™s greatest but I suspect I will be boozing in/on The Frying Pan all day Saturday so wonā€™t make it.

Here I am, and in this city, with a fistful of dollars
And baby, youā€™d better believe
Iā€™m back, back in the New York groove

https://youtu.be/na_h6giW4oI

6 Likes

Update:

Iā€™m having a fabulous time, guys. Arrived late Tuesday evening. Had a few bottles around Gramercy and took part in Trivia Night in one the local watering holes.

On Wednesday I spent the day touristing with one my pals who took the day off work. Did One World Observatory, good but probably not as good as Top of the Rock or Willis Tower.

Then went to New York Public Library, embarrassed to say Iā€™d never been before. After that I did some shopping, mainly in Uniqlo. I wrapped up the afternoon by dropping in to St Patā€™s Cathedral for a few moments reflection.

Had a few pints around Murray Hill on Wednesday evening.

15 Likes

Have a great time pal, it really is the greatest city on earth.

2 Likes

Lads, New york has really dropped out of the public conciousness over the last ten years. It used to be great but to be honest, itā€™s done fuckall for itself for the last while. Can anyone please tell me what,s interesting/funny/relevant about New York these days.

Heading to New York for a week in November. Recommends on what to do, pubs to visit etc are welcome.

2 Likes

so am I, its my first time

2 Likes