New York City

That makes 2 of us. I wouldnt go there for food either.

2 Likes

I got a Calvin Klein jacket that oozes class for 50 dollars in San Francisco

They are all good. Chinese Tuxedo Restaurant in Chinatown is great. Tickets to a Broadway show (Mean Girls/The Producers etc). Ice Rink in Central Park.

Museum of Modern Art is also an absolute must visit.

2 Likes
1 Like

I was in Nashville. What a spot. That huge shopping centre was savage value. Same in Boston. 3 for 2 in all the shops.

2 Likes

Honestly all the advice is good but don’t book too many things. It’s nice to just wonder about. I’ve been to several sports games now in the states and it’s fairly underwhelming experience unless your really into it. Expensive too.

2 Likes

Signing in

18 Likes

Enjoy Mortons

Don’t go near Woodlawn whatever you do.Take in a game in the Garden.Stay out of the Oirish Bars.There used to be an Aircraft Carrier on the West side you could do tours on it.Concorde was on it too.Theres also a ferry that goes around Manhattan Island,do this at night its much better.Wander round Central Park for a few hours and take it all in.Top of The Rock gives a great view.Take the subway to Brooklyn and walk back over the Brooklyn bridge.Enjoy the big Schmoke.

3 Likes

Did the aircraft carrier. Think there’s a space shuttle on it?

Go to Woodbury Common and buy a Hilfiger jacket

6 Likes

Hilfiger jacket, a couple of Abercrombie hoodies and 3 years supply of Calvin Klein jocks

2 Likes

Under Armour jocks are a game changer. You’ll never go back to not wearing them

1 Like

Woodlawn, a dangerous spot apparently

Was there before Christmas.

What a city. Go to The Edge, it’s one of the new skyline attractions from atop one of the buildings. Panoramic view of the city, class. Even better than The Empire State Building & Rockefeller Centre.

Went to MSG for a basketball match, the Knicks v the Cavs. Promptly got mugged off for a beer inside there. $16.33. Go to the Tick Tock diner beside MSG, the finest burgers in the Northern Hemisphere.

Boat tour on the Hudson that goes by the Statue of Liberty also highly recommended, the 9/11 museum worth going but we went on a Saturday and the crowds - and ensuing queue - was brutal.

Have a great trip. Put on about a stone over there after all the ateing. Joe’s Pizza. :drooling_face:

7 Likes

Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and view the city from Dumbo

2 Likes

We’re doing that tomorrow. I’ve a pal in Brooklyn who will show us around.

My young lad is 14 today. I was probably brought to McDonalds in town when i was 14 but it’ll be a life time memory for him and it’s just the two of us.

We’ve Top of the Rock, MOMA, ating and shopping and Jerry Seinfeld on the itinerary for today.

It’s got very cold today and supposed to get down to minus 15 tomorrow - wind chill - 27 :cold_face:

8 Likes

Seen Jerry Seinfeld live before. Brilliant. Enjoy.

1 Like

Enjoy. A magical experience for the young man.

2 Likes

As opposed to not wearing other brands?