New York City

I use nothing else in my Irish coffee party on Christmas morning.
Is that John McEnroe? I cant decide.

You cannot be serious?

2 Likes

I’m finally famous. One of my TFK posts displayed on Time Square.

How much did that add cost you @Rocko?

2 Likes
1 Like

4 Likes

This guy at White castle asked for my autograph. I signed it dear Dave thanks for the support asshole

1 Like

Any tips for visiting New York with a teenager. We’ll have 4 days there. What would you go and see - it’ll be his first time.

Empire State
Statue of Liberty
Ground Zero
Natural History Museum
?

I’ll try and find a diner for a photograph :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

When are you going? Will be loads of Xmas stuff on now that would be good

Ice rink at Rockefeller center and then the cemter itself

In one day you could do One World Trade Center observatory, Ground Zero and see Statue of Liberty while getting Staten Island ferry.

Then walk across Brooklyn bridge and get some pizza/photos at Dumbo

Stranger Things Experience - half escape room, half 3D movie.

A basketball game at the Garden or Barclays.

Street pizza on Bleecker St.

Bikes around Central Park - loads of ‘Dublin bikes’ that you can hire

7 Likes

Cheers. Going to go early Feb I think.

Bring your thermals - it will be absolutely baltic

2 Likes

Aye I know. I was there a few years ago in Feb and it was minus 30

Although I’ve been there in January and walked around in a t shirt one time.

1 Like

Spidey has a good list above.

You can get a free ferry over to Staten Island. Nice at night time. Get ferry over and back. Buy a beer on board and see New York in all its glory.

Greenwich is nice. They have a comedy club down there called the Comedy Cellar. Can get into a gig there for a nominal charge. Phone will have to go into a brown envelope for duration and they give it back to you at the end.

There is a highline thing that is like a version of our greenways only with an out of use metro. Chelsea Market is in this area too.

Worth going up to Woodlawn and the Bronx, Little Italy. Go to an authentic American/Italian restaraunt.

If they are in their teens, “To Kill a Mockingbird” might still be on broadway. Any broadway show is amazing really.

If around Christmas or lead up to Christmas Rockefeller centre is worth checking out. Fairly big Christmas tree, ice rink, hot choclate, Christmas shops. All the good stuff if you are a teenager.

2 Likes

You should wait till Easter weekend and base yourself on McLean Avenue.
Leitrim will provide the entertainment on the Sunday afternoon in Gaelic Park and you’ll be entertained royally in any of the many Leitrim associated pubs in the vicinity.

8 Likes

Go to Woodbury Common and buy a roaster Hilfiger jacket for each of them anyway.

3 Likes

While the price of everything has skyrocketed over there I was surprised to find when I was in Nashville recently that clothes are still dirt cheap. Picked up 2 pairs of levis for $90. I would hardly get 1 pair for that back home. They have instore discounts, then another discount for providing an email upon checkout and then you can claim back a portion of sales tax. Worth bringing a spare bag.

1 Like

Lower East side for eating mate, north of Chinatown around Houston

1 Like

Batting cages at Chelsea Piers and hit a few dingers

Do the tour of Madison Sq Garden

Grab the ferry up the East River from Wall Street for the price of the subway and take some photos

2 Likes

Tick Tock is a brilliant “classic” diner. It’s near Madison Square Garden/Penn Station. I’m jealous just thinking about it.

3 Likes

This one is closed now

1 Like

I wouldn’t go to Woodlawn myself tbh. Twould be like being from Rome and going to Bella pasta for the dinner in Manchester for an authentic Italian experience.

2 Likes