Next Celtic Manager

To judge by that I’m getting the feeling that you don’t rate Lennon.

1 Like

That statement is gas. It’s actually a formal version of my messing post from yesterday. It’s saying we don’t care that we’ve fucked away this season’s Champions League, Europa League, League Cup and possibly the League, Neil deserves the chance to win last season’s Cup next month.

1 Like

It must have galled you to type “won a title” so often.

His win % record is excellent. You forgot to mention the cups he has won too and the results in Europe (in his first spell in charge in particular).

He’s far from flawless unfortunately and his overall record is mixed.

But your selective commentary does nothing to advance your argument. Celtic were on course for 100+ points last season. The huns’ domestic form imposing meant the league wasn’t close by the time it was stopped. But the points Celtic amassed were nothing to do with the huns.

I didn’t want him to be appointed and don’t want him to be manager. But juvenile assessments of his record in charge are pointless.

“juvenile assessments”…Ooooft!!!

Ronny Deila’s win % was excellent too.

Listen you were wrong about Lennon 18 months ago, you were just a slow learner when it came to seeing what was obvious to anyone that knew anything about football. I’m guessing you’re a bit testy at being wrong.

You’re engaging in complete revisionism now. He has failed spectacularly this season, he’s tactically brainless, he is a poor man manager and he is a yes man to Lawwell and nothing you can say will change those facts. A company man who is out of his depth and only there because he’s beholden to a football crimelord. You’re bigging up a guy who failed at both Bolton and Hibs. Lennon is a fraud and he’s mugged you off.

In the 18 months I was “wrong” about Lennon, he won the league, the league cup and reached a league cup final and European football after Christmas.

I’m sorry you don’t find any joy in Celtic winning trophies. Some of us do.

Ronny Deila had a 64% winning record. Lennon’s is over 73% in his second term. (Higher than Rodgers). It’s so much higher than Deila’s that they’re almost incomparable. Unless one is so stubborn that they want to make a point regardless of its accuracy.

It’s a shame things have turned so sour so quickly for Lennon. The only good that might have come from the rapid decline might have been a rapid exit which isn’t happening yet anyway.

But pretending he doesn’t have a very good record is nonsense. It doesn’t mean he should still have the Celtic job but then that sort of nuance is lost on certain people.

1 Like

By default

Through an offside goal after being comprehensively outplayed.

Lennon had to thank Edouard for our form last season, I warned you about this. Once Edouard’s form dipped our results have collapsed, he was beholden to one player because he’s a shit fucking football manager. He presided over Cluj, Ferencvaros, Copenhagen, Ross County, Sparta Prague, 2x defeats at home to Sevco. We scraped by Sarajevo and Riga with utterly pathetic performances. The performances have been abysmal for that duration. He was solely reliant on the form of Edouard and now he’s got found out.

I’d say you’re reducing yourself to the levels of an idiot but you’re so far up Lawwell’s hole that you simply refuse to see anything in any way objectively. You’re a slow learner who is having difficulties with the truth.

1 Like

The only Celtic “fan” I’ve come across who doesn’t seem to want to recognise the league win last year. A horrible embittered way to be. It’s a credit to your simple mindedness that you get so caught up in your own obstinance that you forget to take any pleasure in your team winning things.

Didn’t someone reference an article in the athletic a few months back about Celtic players hiring personal trainers as training was so bad…did that story turn out to be true ?

1 Like

You were wrong, I was right.

Now is the time to hold your hands up and stop behaving like a petulant child

Scott Brown diagnoses the problem in his Celtic TV interview today:

“It just doesn’t seem to be clicking at the minute at the top end of the park or in the middle or at the back”

I think some of them have personal trainers but don’t know of anything relating it to training being so bad. Your man who writes the Celtic stuff for The Athletic isn’t great anyway I don’t think.

They all had trainers over lockdown anyway.
I think Greg Taylor was told to work with a guy to get faster.
Dembélé had one at Celtic and still has one.
Think some of the other players have one but I’d imagine that’s fairly common, especially for anyone who wants to get stronger.

1 Like

Err he was managing Celtic and rangers didn’t exist. A dog with a mallet up his hole would have had an excellent record managing Celtic

His record is 73% in this spell in charge when the huns have been in the same division.

The huns have had their act together for precisely this season. This is the first time Celtic have had sustained domestic opposition and they have crumbled on every single front.

@Rocko What was Barnes before Henrik broke his leg?

Cc @thedancingbaby

1 Like

It was the same time Lennon had a credible challenge from Rangers before.

They crumbled and fucked a league title away up in Inverness.

That’s simply not true. The huns were 2 points behind Celtic with a game in hand last January. And they were level with Celtic the January before.

I think lads need to step away from the key board before something gets said that they regret.

And they collapsed on both occasions.

The level of spin you’re engaging in would make Leo Varadkar blush.