Next Celtic Manager

You just said Lennon crumbled when the huns put up a challenge. Now you’re saying the times he didn’t collapse don’t count because the huns collapsed! :laughing: :laughing:

The huns collapsed into acrinomy as you well know. There was internal trouble which spilled into the pitch. Frankly, you or I would have done better than Lennon

I believe he was Celtic manager.

1 Like

Ok, well that’s evidently nonsense. My goodness.

If the huns are collapsing then they aren’t putting up a challenge? This is kind of response I’d expect from a beaten docket. The only times the huns have put up a credible challenge Lennon has folded.

It isn’t. Look, you think Lennon was a great appointment. If you’re happy with the utter state of things, bad enough to cause crowd unrest outside an empty stadium, ffaur enough. He was a poor appointment. You won’t change my mind. His transfer record is poor. And “playing European football after Christmas”. FFS.
Anyhow, good luck.
I thought you had a vague inside knowledge of Scottish football, but if you think it’s nonsense that the huns had internal acrimony last season after Christmas, 🤷

1 Like

Rangers threw away the league last year. They completely imploded after

I love Lennon, a faithful servant but he should have stepped away three games ago. He’ll ruin his reputation and relationship with the fans.

I thought Desmond might be working in the background. The times I thought he got involved properly was when Dalglish took over from Barnes and the complete mess we were in and he got Martin O’Neill.

After that when the Huns execs banged on the wall in Hampden and left the Celtic execs hours and never went into their room as usual protocol, he got in Brendan Rogers after they pissed him off.

Other than that I’d say he left it to Lawwell.

After that statement today I haven’t a clue who is in charge or what is going on, or if any of them give a bollox.

1 Like

Win percentage please @Rocko

Huns had a terrible run last year but Celtic had an excellent league record. Don’t think the two happen in isolation. And in any event that Celtic total wins the league (if they kept going) whether the huns get close or not.

Agreed that Lennon should have stepped away. He’s surely waiting for a payoff anyway. And don’t agree with the rationale for not giving it to him. It’s going to leave a bitter atmosphere around Lennon for a long time which is a shame. Because with the exception of some small minded people on here, he was obviously very highly regarded, certainly as a player.

I could have done without him as a manager either time, and certainly could do without him now. But I’m not going to pretend he was an abysmal manager when he has been pretty good overall. But that counts for little now, and his legacy will be tarnished by this end unless there’s some miraculous turnaround.

Isn’t Big Sam as a club manager, the guy for a relegation battle? What’s his club managerial trophy haul like?

92% before the Lyon game, 86% if you include that game. But we hadn’t played the huns yet. Mowbray got off to a great start too.

He was an excellent SPL player. I certainly agree on that.

1 Like

He was a pretty limited Celtic player.

Sideway passes and passing the ball back to the likes of Balde and Mjallby to boot up the park, struggled to get about the pitch, rarely scored, created or assisted matters. He was blessed to play for Celtic for so long, blessed to captain them and blessed to manage them.

Think he won the play-off final with Bolton if that counts? Reached a league cup final with them in 2004 and brought them to Europe a couple of times which was a fine achievement. He’s done a decent job wherever he’s been, even a reasonably good job at Newcastle who seemed to think mid-table 6 months into his tenure wasn’t enough.

Is Lennon on the verge of becoming the manager that handed the dying Rangers their last SPL title and the newborn Rangers their first SPL title?

1 Like

Interesting that the Celtic fans on here now call Sevco Rangers again

1 Like

They’re all over the place. 5 league titles as a player and 5 as a manager Coach Lennon has won with Glasgow Celtic. He’s a serial winner in the League of Scotland. The vitriol and hatred towards Coach Lennon after a mini dip in form beggars belief. With a track record of success like that, surely the least Coach Lennon deserves is a bit of time to turn things around.

ChairmanHun

2 Likes

It might be a bit embarrassing if they lose to a club that was founded less than 10 years ago so I assume that’s why they’re suddenly Rangers again