Next Celtic Manager

Feel for him,the fuckin board need gone

Same choice but he won’t come ,his reputation would be destroyed as his hands would be tied ref money to buy a decent team

Them pricks should be shot

Steady on lad. It’s only a game.

1 Like

Would you be happy with Rafa as a genuine matter of interest?

Excellent stewardship by Mr Lawwell. Incredible patience at this difficult time and we saved ourselves a payoff by waiting for Lennon to resign.

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy owes Lawwell an apology here.

3 Likes

Yes I would. I’m not smitten with him as many seem to be but

1. I fear we will go for a really underwhelming appointment so he’d be better than my worst fears
  2. He seems reasonably proficient at game management.
2 Likes

I’d agree with you wholeheartedly on both points fwiw.
I’ve a fear they’ll go for Kennedy as a stopgap, there’ll be a small new manager bounce, and they’ll appoint him on a two year contract because he’s cheap.
He might work out, but I really think it would be the wrong option.
Another genuine question, what would you think of Michael o Neill?

Next Celtic Manager
  • John Kennedy
  • Steve Clarke
  • Eddie Howe
  • Rafa Benitez
  • Leonardo Jardim
  • Michael O’Neill
  • Roberto Martinez
  • Alex Neil
  • Dan Petrescu
  • Sergiy Rebrov
  • Slaven Bilic
  • David Wagner
  • Other

0 voters

I’d like someone like Howe, Martinez or Jardim. Someone with an identity and style and knows what he wants from the squad. A manager who works with the players on the training ground and makes them better.

McGeady was absolutely glowing of Martinez as a coach on the podcast with Simon Ferry, said he was on a different level tactically to any other manager he ever played under.

Yeah he spoke very highly of him alright. Seemed to be operating at a different level.

Sad to see Di Canio not making the list

1 Like

@RaymondCrotty (with known ties to the Celtic boardroom) has voted other. Is that a hint?

Is this who you want, or who you think we’ll end up with?

Cc @rocko??

No thanks. We need a manager used to winning games. The last time he had this expectation was back with SRFC

You have Roberto Martinez, the Belgium coach who has a great chance of winning Euro 2020 and the next world cup as a viable option as the next Celtic manager?

Good grief, the levels of grandeur are off the scale with Celtic fans.

4 Likes

££££

Steve Kean

Why wouldnt you like to work more often than you currently do, with a poorer group of players, in a dismal, sectarian, rainy backwater?

2 Likes

££££££